what kind of file is it?

A place for Cassie Users to socialize and relax.
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

what kind of file is it?

Post by videojim »

I dumped a memory card with 24p into a computer, and burned a DVD with that file. What kind of file is it? I know a DVD player won't recognize anything but audio files, MP2, and jpg's (what mine has seen so far), but just what kind of file did the computer burn? Just curious.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: what kind of file is it?

Post by LouBruno »

Go to MY COMPUTER>PROPERTIES via your mouse (right click)-do you observe your files? Does it read VOB? Then you burnt a Standard DVD. Your DVD player will read a DVD if in SD.

Not so if you burnt the codec as AVCHD. May not read Motion Jpeg and certain QT,AVI 2 wrappers and even .MOV. Mpeg-2 should work.

NOW........................... OR are you making the disc a DATA FILE (ROXIO etc)........ at which time it will be an EXACT duplicate of your original file from the camera. A DATA file MAY play on a Blu-ray player as a DATA FILE....such as SAMSUNG or PlayStation 3-depending on compatability.

videojim wrote:I dumped a memory card with 24p into a computer, and burned a DVD with that file. What kind of file is it? I know a DVD player won't recognize anything but audio files, MP2, and jpg's (what mine has seen so far), but just what kind of file did the computer burn? Just curious.