Arabesk is making "Data " discs

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Arabesk is making "Data " discs

Post by Christopher6206 »

Hello. More trouble with Arabesk. I haven't made a disc in several months. But I've got orders now so I created a Blu Ray disc in Arabesk. I'm running Arabesk v7.10, with Bogart 12, Gold edition (windows). For starters, I see on another thread in this forum that someone is running Arabesk v7.9. How do I update my Arabesk to 7.9? I don't see this on macrosystem's website. It only goes to Arabesk 6. I think it's now part of the OS but again how do I upgrade? Since I already have the latest OS?

2nd, why is it that if I do something as simple as change a thumbnail in a chapter menu, Arabesk has to re render the whole disc? This disc has 3 films at a RT of 115min. Why not just re render said chapter menu? Or only re render the film associated with said chapter menu? Anyway the disc I created had a main menu button shown on each page of the chapter menu. The button was a picture. But after burning the disc, the picture wasn't there and instead it was just a border rectangle with no picture. I didn't like that so I changed it to an Arabesk button. It seemed safer given the other options. Other than that though the disc played fine and looked great. So after changing the picture to an arrow, Arabesk had to re render the entire disc.

3rd, only this time instead of burning a Blu Ray with working menu, it created what my Blu Ray player is calling a "Data" disc. Where I have to navigate on screen to the video clips I want to see. No menu, no chapter menu, nothing. My computer's third party Media player software is showing me the same thing. Although easier to navigate. To sum up, made one disc that worked, but had a bad chapter menu button, changed said button, now it only makes "Data" discs. I've burned 2 so far. Same result. To be clear, I know what a Data disc is.

Frustrated I decided to get away from that and make a DVD copy of the disc. I copied the Disc Project in Arabesk to another project, changed the Target media to DVD+DL. I was concerned at first because the little lightning bolt in the top right, became greyed out. When I hovered my mouse over it, it said " Hardware acceleration not applied" or something like that. Why? I have the box checked in settings. But it made the disc in about 3 hours so clearly the hardware acceleration was working. It made a DVD that played perfectly on my computer and looked great (for DVD) on a 75inch screen.

So now back to the blu ray. My first thought was to go in and check everything to make sure I didn't have something checked that shouldn't be or whatever. Everything seemed normal. Disc preview worked fine too. So since I had done it twice with same result I decided to just copy the project to another HD project. And try to burn a new disc from there. Even though I had gone through the project before copying it, I did not change anything. Everything was exactly the same as when I burned the 2 previous (data) discs. Guess what? It's re rendering the entire disc. Sigh!

It'll be done in about an hour. Will post result. Please help. I just want some concrete answers. I realize that I don't know anything about computer coding, how code is written when it comes to creating Blu Ray discs. But I do want to Understand it. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Arabesk is making "Data " discs

So new burned Blu Ray played great on my upstairs player but not the downstairs. Downstairs is default and 5 years newer than upstairs. Neither has been updated in some time. Both are old. Also previous fails, played on this player. So just going to send it out and see what happens.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Chris, what version of Bog W 12 are you running? When did you install it? To upgrade Arabesk to the latest version of 7 you could download the newest file of Bogart 12.1 at www.macrosystem.us then use the "Click here to download the Bogart 12.1 full program once satisfied with the demo performance". That should update your Arabesk too, unless you want to purchase the code for Arabesk 8 (which is technically needed only if you're working with 4K and UHD footage). I would also stick with using Bogart W 12.1 right now (not C or D).

Anytime you change anything in Arabesk, once it's been rendered, it needs to re-render the whole process. Been like that a loooooong time.
I can't explain the mechanics either! I don't know why it's suddenly creating Data Discs for you (I read about that sometime ago but can't find the thread) but I know that when I have any Arabesk issues, my modus operandi is to delete everything (clean all projects out) in Arabesk and start from scratch. It's very frustrating, but I've found it's just better to do it.

I also have a BR Deck that worked perfectly well until the later versions of Bog 11 and now it refuses to play any new BR discs I create. It has to do with the individual players. Again, mechanics!!!

Sorry that's all I got for ya.
Beth Klinger
Christopher6206

Thank you for the reply Beth. The BD-Rs I sent out, so far I have heard nothing from anyone. I sent out 4 for one project and 5 for another. Had the same problem with both projects. But no news is good news I suppose. So fingers crossed it stays that way. Also I have noticed that Arabesk will allow for changes in the main menu but not the chapter menu, without having to re render everything.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705