Bogart s 4100 making HD dvd

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
newkazoo2
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca s 4100

Bogart s 4100 making HD dvd

Post by newkazoo2 »

The footage I took with my Cannon VIXIA HFS10 camera looks good during playback. Then after loading this footage to my Bogart S4100 editor the edited storyboard footage looks fine as well. It's only when I make a ( AVCHD ) DVD I discover an occasional jitter while playing the DVD on my Panasonic Blue Ray player. Yes, I tried playing other discs on the BR player and they checks out fine.
I believe I have tried every possible remedy and setting offered on Arabesk and get the same results. What am I missing? Anyone else experience these results? Or maybe, know someone you could pass this post on to? Bob
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Re: Bogart s 4100 making HD dvd

Post by Franklinbencosme »

You are shooting 60i ? if yes,before you go to ARABESK go to movie effect, apply send to ARABESK,and then
you will be happy with you footage again.

Happy edit..Franklin
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Post by Alan »

Yes, I too have had this problem for a long time. My solution is to export to my PC and make the disc in VegasVideo. This solves the problem and give superb results. I do not like the conversion to progressive. Pans and zooms become very jerky unless done very slowly, and as the two half frames are combined to make the progressive frame, stills have very rough edges.

Alan.
craigpeer
Casablanca Unit: Portable TV Studio, Bogart 13,
Canon HV30 cameras

Post by craigpeer »

Are you putting the AVCHD video on a dvd or a Blu Ray ? What settings ? I use the " good " setting and don't have too many issues picture wise.
Portable TV Studio, Bogart 13