Render Booster

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Alan
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro. Cannon XH A1. Cannon XL2. Cannon XM1.

Render Booster

Post by Alan »

Hi folks,

Earlier this week I installed Bogart 5 and Arabesk 5.4a with the Render Booster on my S4000p. And yes it all works. BlueRay rendering is so much faster, I've not timed it but its around the figures claimed. And what pleases me so much is the quality of the finished video is so much better. Both for BlueRay and most importantly for HD to SD on DVD. I've not tried multiple films yet but one film per disc with start menu works OK. Dalco UK supplied the software, the Render Booster and installation instructions, these are menu screen shots. Files exported in H.264 play perfectly in my universal player off a memory stick.

Alan, on that little island just off the west coast of Europe.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Render Booster

Post by CKNewman »

that little island just off the west coast of Europe.
Last edited by CKNewman on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Newman
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

So Alan let me ask you a question,so in my experience every 1 hour BLUE RAY encoding, takes aprox 7 to 10 hours before goes to burn,so
what will be the stimate time in maybe 1 hour from HD to Blue Ray with the RENDER BOOSTER?, what about the finish process to
1 hour projet (render the hd video) to then go to a HDV TAPE ? I have the s-6000. :?

Thanks in advance !!...Franklin
HansJoachimKoenig
Casablanca Unit: KARAT Bogart 7.1
1-Monitor Mode
Almost all software
Arabesk 6.3f / Ext-HD /Ext-HD-Dock
Sony Cam XR520

Post by HansJoachimKoenig »

Hi Franklin,

just to give you some info about render times using the Render Booster here
a note about a test of a user in German MS Forum.

A 57min HD film from 1440x1080i project was added to Arabesk5.4a
Blu-ray 12MBit/s
Render time with render Booster 1h and 10 min = 70min
Hans-Joachim König
Berlin / Germany
Alan

Post by Alan »

My first HD project to BluRay disc is 10 Min. long. I did not time it but I guess the render time was about as claimed in the instructions I had from Martin of between 1.2 and 1.5 times the project length.

Alan
Alan

Post by Alan »

I've read your question again.

I think the render booster only works when trans-coding to an external device. Disc, USB stick and hard drive. HDV compiling before exporting to tape is internal. I do not think the booster is in use for internal processing.

Alan.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Correct Alan.
With the new Render Booster the 'finish' option isn't actually accelerated but 'all' the Arabesk stuff is.
Therefore (I think) in future people will just go straight to Arabesk, as it's a much quicker job, and then use the Project Back-up (or OPT in the EDit window) to "save" files individually as these function also can be boosted.
As for going back to tape, via the Finish menu, I'm afraid it's business as usual :roll: