Audio is out of synch after DVD burning

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Audio is out of synch after DVD burning

Post by MikeMattke »

I went into Arabesk and created a menu and went through all the steps. After I burned the DVD I tested it and the sound is off with the lips. So I tried a second time and this time I went into the Finish menu and hit Create to render any effects or audio that was unrendered. Same deal. Shit!!!!

In the storyboard the sound is fine. What the hell I am doing wrong? Up to early AM trying to finish a project and of course this snag hits me.

HELP!
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Re: Audio is out of synch after DVD burning

Post by MikeMattke »

Let me add to my woes. I installed Bogart 4.5c then installed Arabesk 4.42a Now my burned DVDs are not being recognized by a DVD player and when I tried to play it back in Media Manager it crashed the system.

WTF! I am about to take a sledgehammer to my Cassie right now.
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Rte80west
Casablanca Unit: S4000 PRO

Re: Audio is out of synch after DVD burning

Post by Rte80west »

Hi Mike.

I am 10,000% with you on this.

I have been struggling with this for over a year. I recently posted in main question area- read my posts there.

What I found is that the video is ~ 4-6 frames BEHIND the audio. It is ONLY an issue with NON NATIVE audio. So, if you lay audio down in music mix area and then sync up and it looks kick butt on your monitor- guess what? OFF WHEN YOU SEND TO DV TAPE OR DVD! Frustrating inst it?

At the very least, at least it's good to know it isnt you or your system, it is a real issue. I think its there with everything we do but you dont really notice it unless you are doing a lip sync type thing or if your music beat relies on tight video adherence. Then it shows up and is UGLY.

OK so heres the only fix I have and it is a pain in the arse. Get everything to look great on your storyboard. Then, for EVERY non native music track, shift the audio so it STARTS 5 frames LATER than you want it to. You can put a 5 frame black screen at the END of each video clip if you want to so it doesnt lap into next scene. Major pain? ABSOLUTELY.

Anyway, I am very curious to hear if you agree that the ~4-6 frame offset is what you have observed as well. It's good if it is, at least we are on same page and it should be more solveable for Macrosystems I would think.

Also, I dont know how long your project is but what you may want to do is take a 30 second chunk to experimentr with: do it as is, then a 4 frame offset, then 6, then 8 and burn them together and note differences when you watch and see what looks best. Thats what I did and after MUCH painful and wasteful trial & error have settled on a ballpark 5 frame offset (audio AHEAD of video).

try it out & let me know how it goes.