can burn HD project to DVD-R but not to BD-R

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Re: can burn HD project to DVD-R but not to BD-R

Post by RonaldPawlak »

What gives here. Try this, try that, see if this work, see if this BD disc works with this burner or that one? Why do we have to do all this trial and error to burn a lousy Blu Ray disc. I don't have time or money to keep trying different discs and burners.

Lets go back to VHS tapes, you buy what ever name brand cassette, (even the cheap ones) you want, you stick it in the machine and it plays. I could take a VHS tape and put it in any player, anywhere is the U.S., it would play. Now with the blu-ray players, you got to have a certain disc, players, burners, and you hope it's going to work. :lol:

This new technology is drive me up a wall. Yeah I know, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". I just might do that. :twisted:
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Yep. This is universal all over the industry. Not really related to our opening system. Just received a Blu-ray from an editor. My player downstairs does not recognize the disc but another player does. I certainly miss tape and still use tape for archiving at times. Placing a backup on a HDD is still dangerous. It is not a matter of IF the drive will stop working but WHEN. And. Solid State works until there is ONE corrupt file that nullifies the entire drive as unreadable.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

It was all pretty much the same when DVD's first started - not ideal, but all pretty normal :roll:
RonaldPawlak
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 5.3 O.S.,Arabesk 5.4c, S4K Pro, most software, not a lot of HD software, Exterrnal USB blu-ray burner, Just purchase (2) XF-100 Canon cameras and one VIXIA HF-S10, HD cameras. (2) Senheisser Wireless Mics.

Post by RonaldPawlak »

So when I burn a blu-ray disc for someone, of their wedding, do I tell them to take it to Best Buy or other places that sell blu-ray machines, to try it out on all the players until they find one it works on? That's the one they should buy? Why is it, when I rent a movie from Nexflix it plays on both of my blu-ray players with no problem, and they are two different brand of players?
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Post by JBrooks »

Hi Ronald,

The reason that netflix DVDs play in all of your DVD players is because all commercially produced DVDs are not burned, but rather the data is pressed into the disc itself...I have even had a few of those not work a time or two....I think in the very near future technology is going to replace DVDs with thumb drive type devices to watch your movies on.....In addition to a Blu-Ray & standard DVD, I give my clients the video as an .mp4 or H264 file on a thumb drive to watch on their desktop or laptop etc....

Joel Brooks
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

http://vimeo.com/19290907

JBrooks wrote:Hi Ronald,

The reason that netflix DVDs play in all of your DVD players is because all commercially produced DVDs are not burned, but rather the data is pressed into the disc itself...I have even had a few of those not work a time or two....I think in the very near future technology is going to replace DVDs with thumb drive type devices to watch your movies on.....In addition to a Blu-Ray & standard DVD, I give my clients the video as an .mp4 or H264 file on a thumb drive to watch on their desktop or laptop etc....

Joel Brooks
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
RonaldPawlak

Post by RonaldPawlak »

Hey! thanks guys for the follow up to my statement. What a wealth of information, I'm sure others that don't know about the bly-ray media industry problems were enlighten as I was by Lou, Joel Brooks, and MichaelD. The site Lou mentioned, that I went on, was very informative, I spent a lot of time on it. Also, I forward all the information to my son who is a producer director at G.E. Madical Systems who also has an interest in the information. Thanks again guy's.