Green Screen issue in Arabesk

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
HitchcockVideo
Casablanca Unit: S2000 Bogart 3.2c

Green Screen issue in Arabesk

Post by HitchcockVideo »

HD project in Arabesk 5 with DVD authoring mode.
I have tried every way possible:
Changing the render from intense to normal, data rate from high to medium, audio uncompressed to compressed, and every combination of them... also with the render booster and without, internal drive versus external, blah blah blah - NOTHING Worked!
I Literally threw away about 18 hours of my life and 10 burnt discs and finally found out what is causing it!!!
Chapter Menu!! If you don't assign chapters and just do a play all on the main menu screen it works.
If you define chapters and a chapter menu - you get green screen! :evil:

No issues burning to Blu-Ray of course but some customers want standard DVD still.

What gives MacroSystems????????????????????????????

Anyone have thoughts, opinions, gripes, or something I missed as a fix?

John
www.hitchcockvideo.com
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Green Screen issue in Arabesk

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Now the following scenario was pre Render Booster - but one of our colleagues had a similar outcome and did the following to his success:
Instead of "high", "Intensive" and "Uncompressed" audio in the add film settings, I changed it to "normal" "normal" and "compressed."
Then it worked.
Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
HitchcockVideo

Post by HitchcockVideo »

Thanks Chet, tried that, didn't work. The only way I could burn this project was not to define chapters... Argh!!!!!!
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I can't produce the same results and did three burns.

Are you assigning a CHAPTER BUTTON and then designating "GO TO CHAPTERS" ?? Is the START MOVIE assigned to an ICON or is it set to CHAPTERS ?????????

I am wondering if the first CHAPTER scene is corrupted? GREEN=NO or DISORGNIZED PIXELS=CORRUPTED MATERIAL
HitchcockVideo

Post by HitchcockVideo »

Just following up - someone from macrosystems left me a voicemail that if you are using HD content, down converting to standard def, and using chapter menu, then you can NOT use an image from the film for your background menu. That fixed it. I used one of the standard macrosystems background or just color black...
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Curious. We're you trying to use a HD scen background from a project into a SD Arabesk designation?
quote="HitchcockVideo"]Just following up - someone from macrosystems left me a voicemail that if you are using HD content, down converting to standard def, and using chapter menu, then you can NOT use an image from the film for your background menu. That fixed it. I used one of the standard macrosystems background or just color black...[/quote]
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Hmm, this is curious indeed. Thanks for sharing the solution which you uncovered.

What I am wondering (like Lou) is this... were you not able to select a still frame from the down-converted (HD>SD) video of your project?
Or were you told not to select the still from the HD version of your project?

Another work-around might be to use the Make photo button (in the OPT button or Range of Edit Menu), then pull that JPEG back into your SD project and grab it from the Scene Bin. A lot of work for this but if you needed it, might be a solution.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
LouBruno

SONY FDR-53 4K,

Post by LouBruno »

Drum Roll for Chet"s idea. The OPT button or the Still Frame software to a SD project or even using a still from the clipboard to a SD project may work when used as a SD Arabesk background.

My bets are with the HD background being used for a SD Arabesk background.
HitchcockVideo

Post by HitchcockVideo »

Chet / Lou,
I'm not near as knowledgeable as you guys so sorry if this sounds amateurish...

I didn't downconvert an video, it is an HD project and I kept it that way (Progressive 1920 x 1080). I don't have an SD project.
I opened Arabesk and defined the authoring as DVD, not Blu Ray or HD, so I'm assuming Arabesk will down convert the video (this is why it takes so freaking long I'm guessing).
I went into Arabesk and pointed the background to a scene in my original HD project. I just wanted a still image as my background. This is what would not work.

I'm assuming what your saying for a fix is:
I should clipboard that scene over to an SD project and then pick that for my background image in Arabesk?

I run into this problem when I have customers that want both a Blu Ray and a standard DVD of their wedding. This becomes very time consuming. Is there a good way to do this? (make an standard dvd and blu ray from the same project)

Thanks guys