Arabesk 6 projects

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Arabesk 6 projects

Post by BobFoster »

I understand that Arabesk 6 has 10 DVD project sections in addition to the 30 program project sections. Can someone explain the purpose and use of the multiple DVD project sections? I have read the Arabesk 6 instruction manual and still don't understand the benefits/use of the 10 project sections. :?
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Re: Arabesk 6 projects

Post by IanPearson »

Hi Bob
With Arabesk 5 and below, space permitting, you can add another project to the DVD list (multiple projects on one DVD) but, you cannot add a project for a completely new DVD, without first removing the existing material.

I have not yet moved to Arabesk 6, but hope to shortly, however, my understanding is, it will enable multiple individual DVD material to be held in Arabesk at one time.

If this is correct, it is a winner for me. I write all my DVD’s from my SK6, but do keep a number of previous projects in the project section. If I need to go back and produce another DVD from an earlier project, or indeed copy a DVD, I need to delete the current one first. This can be very time consuming with current rendering speeds. The ability to store a number of separate DVD's all ready for writing is for me a huge step forwards.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

All as Ian says particularly if you are producing a BD from an HD project and you want an SD one too you can render and keep both until the customer has approved them - previously you'd have to delete one before adding the other.

You can also save completed DVD projects to an external drive as an .ISO file - which is not only fast but is perhaps a better means than just disc copies.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Thanks for the explanation Ian & Michael. I don't remember ever needing that feature, but now that it is available, maybe I'll find some good uses for it and take advantage of the capability. I guess while I am in the "editing mode" and can go ahead and do all four DVD projects for a full day seminar at one time and then let Karat do it's thing in burning all the Master DVDs at one time consecutively. Also the HD/SD projects waiting for approval makes good sense.:D