Arabesk 6, Render Booster-S4100 Users

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Arabesk 6, Render Booster-S4100 Users

Post by JBrooks »

Scource Footage: 1920 X 1080/30p XDCAM MPEG-2 Full HD
Unit: Casablanca S-4100
Operating System Version: Bogart 5.5c
Render Booster..Latest Model
Arabesk 6
DVD Burner Model: Pioneer BDR-203....Firmware Version 1.13

First off, this email is not to criticize the product but rather, to help trace out a possible tech bug.

I really like the new Arabesk 6 design.

Issue description:

When trying to create an SD or HD storyboard (both with DVD & Blu-ray discs) with Render Booster set to ON, and after designing the menu & all perimeters in Arabesk 6, I get an error message that says" Error occurred burning disc"... (checked appropriate target format & media types). I use the JVC pro grade DVDs as I have for many years without one single issue.

I tried storyboard lengths of: 2 min, 5 min, 20 min, 30 min, and 1 hour....same result.

After deactivating Render Booster in Arabesk 6 settings, I created both a Blu-Ray & an SD DVD. All burned perfectly.

I also deleted & re-installed the Arabesk 6 program....same results.

Hopefully, this can be replicated by other S-4100 users with Arabesk 6 & Render Booster under Bogart 5.5c.
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
JBrooks
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro Ultra, Panasonic AG-DVX200 HD/4K Camera, GoPro Hero 2 and Hero 4 Black, Sony and Azden UHF Wireless Mics, Manfrotto 509 HD Pro Tripods, LitePanel Pro Camera Light, iKan 508B LED Portable Light kits.

Re: Arabesk 6, Render Booster-S4100 Users

Post by JBrooks »

My latest test concluded that yes, the issues I have experienced was primarily in down converting while using RB....that being said, I tested 1080i footage burned directly to Blu-ray (no downconverting) and I could not get ANY quality level to burn with render booster ON same error message...I CAN however burn 1080-30p footage ONLY using the "medium" quality setting in Arabesk 6..this being downconverting to SD video DVD destination....

I have NO issues whatsoever burning both SD & HD footage WITHOUT render booster.....

Just my thoughts, but there might be an issue with the combination of both render booster & Arabesk 6....I purchased the second generation render booster (new) with the built in heat sync & I have not had any issues using render booster whenever I export out via the "option" codec choices in the scene bin.....It works flawlessly for that sole purpose....until the issue can be verified, I plan to use Arabesk 6 (love the new layout & design) without render booster for the time being......I have not heard of any issues regarding this scenario with the Karat or Topaz units......still plan to get one when I get the money.......I still highly recommend Arabesk 6..easy to navigate & more...

Joel Brooks
MIT Video
http://www.mitvideoproductions.com
Joel Brooks
MIT Video Productions
Macrosystem Americas Dealer
www.mitvideoproductions.com
jbrooks@mitvideoproductions.com
817-771-8347
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: Arabesk 6, Render Booster-S4100 Users

Post by MichaelD »

Hi Joel, Did you get any further with this ?