DVD Won't play after burning

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

DVD Won't play after burning

Post by MikeMattke »

I am trying to use a Prestige with my film transfer system. I have a project just over 30 minutes long. I went through Arabesk and set everything up and it went thru Phases 1 and 2, it finalized the disk and then verified the disk. I can't get it to play in a DVD player or my computer. On the Prestige the main menu won't play either but it will play by chapters. I was able to import it to my S2000 via Ksesebara but that is compressed? So I don't want to have to burn a DVD with that.

What am I doing wrong with the Prestige?
Smart Edit ver. 4.1d
Arabesk ver. 2.4a
Write speed - normal
Verify DVD is checked
Size Approx. 32%
Free Capacity 68%
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: DVD Won't play after burning

Post by Christopher6206 »

Mike, can you play the finished rendered film under "film,chapters" or under "All" in the Arabesk main menu? I've had similar problems before and discovered that the film would not play in those windows, despite having burned and verified the disc. My fix was to just delete the rendered film and start over. Might need to do a clean install of the OS and Arabesk to avoid future problems.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Re: DVD Won't play after burning

Post by MikeMattke »

Thanks Chris. I did finally get it to work but only after 2 unsuccessful tries. It was strange, it would play the film but would not play the menu on the Prestige. That carried over to when I popped into a DVD player.

So I shut down, removed the film, opened up in an empty project, went to Arabesk and then tried again. Figured that helps with Bogart so I thought why not try it with Smart Edit. I have also been advised to upgrade my drive and software. I will probably do that since I use the Prestige for my film transfer projects.
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI