Problem with Chapter Menu creation (long letter)

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
LenVine
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus

Problem with Chapter Menu creation (long letter)

Post by LenVine »

Using my Renommee Plus with SE9 and Arabesk 4, I burned a DVD with a Chapter Menu.
I hadn't used the Chapter Menu feature for some time, usually just creating a main menu, and the film would automatically have chapters every 5 minutes, when activated by the NEXT button on the remote control.
This time, I decided to create a Chapter Menu.
The film in the Storyboard had been split into 5 scenes that I wanted each chapter point to be.
In the Edit Chapter Menu, I created the text (no button) of each of the 5 films, arranged vertically, in the order they were in the storyboard.
I used the very useful Archive feature to choose a suitable template for the 5 chapters.
I was happy with the layout of the Chapter Menu.
But, and here's the big but, the Chapter Menu cannot be previewed before or after the film is rendered.
So you can't see if the Chapter Menu activates properly till after you view it on the burned DVD.
Then when I checked out the Chapter Menu on the burned disc, using the arrows on the DVD player's remote control, I discovered that each chapter's text did not activate consecutively, i.e. from chapter 1 thru 5, but it went from 1 to 2, and then to 5, and I had to backtrack to activate chapters 3 and 4.
I thought perhaps the texts of each chapter were too close together in the Chapter Menu, which may cause them to activate out of sequence, so I deleted the film and added it again, and recreated the chapter texts as before, but wider spaced apart, but to no avail,
So that's the 2 problems I have:
Not being able to preview the Chapter Menu before rendering the disc, and how to prevent the chapters in the Chapter Menu from activating out of sequence.
All very frustrating.
It seems strange that you can preview the Main Menu before rendering the film, but not the Chapter Menu.
Then I remembered that this was one of the restrictions of Chapter Menu creation.
I had hoped that the problem would have been fixed by now.
Does this situation also exist with Arabesk 5 and 6 in Bogart ?
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Re: Problem with Chapter Menu creation (long letter)

Post by Charles »

Just a thought Len when in Edit Chapter Menu did you use the select chapter option that would give you numbered chapters 1 to 5 which should play as required
Regards
Charles
LenVine

Post by LenVine »

Yes Charles, I did exactly that.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Make sure you have the attributes set to ALL. That COULD be your issue.

This issue does not exist in Arabesk unless set as a Custom Chapter Menu.
LenVine

Post by LenVine »

Thanks, Lou, I'll check that out.
How do you define a Custom Chapter Menu ?
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

You could try one of the other archive templates - even a 6 or 7 chapter one will do, it'll only use the 5 that you want.

Then you can change the background and text style, as necessary, and then save it back into archives for use later on.