Can't burn a BluRay Disk

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
JeffMenton
Casablanca Unit: S-6000

Can't burn a BluRay Disk

Post by JeffMenton »

Hi Group:
Okay, what's the secret?
I have a project that I did in HD and wanted to burn a BluRay disk.
Project settings at 1920x1080i. When I first downloaded the file Chet confirmed this was the correct settings. So I knew I was on the right track.
Arabesk 5.4c Firmware version 1.00.
I followed the steps and after 15 hours of rendering (a few times already) I still don't have a playable disk.
I'm using the S-6000 just as I received out of the box.
I've tried this a few times already and have a stack of coasters.
I'm using 25 gig Verbatim disks. Burn speed set at 6x.
I noticed that the window on the S-6000 showed that it stopped rendering at 4 hrs 57 minutes (approx) but the monitor screen continued to render and it burned a disk but will not play in any BluRay player I have.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Jeff Menton
Valuable Video, Inc.
Miami, FL 33186
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Can't burn a BluRay Disk

Post by LouBruno »

How long in time is your storyboard?

I wouldn't burn beyond 4x. I use 2X. But that is probably not your issue. Try again while the project is fully rendered.
Use a BD-RE as an experiment to eliminate a media issue.

Can you clarify how you have two different readings? That is weird to have the display different than the monitor readout.

15 hours is a long time. Check into RENDERBOOSTER software.
JeffMenton

Post by JeffMenton »

Hi Lou:
The story board was (is) 107 minutes. It showed I still had plenty of space to render and burn. When I would burn a DVD in SD I never go over 105 minutes using the 4.7 gig DVD's. This way I don't have to change from uncompressed to compressed audio.
I burned the BluRay at 6x.
I will remember not to try and use that in the future and go by your suggestion and use 2x or 4x.
I can't explain why I had two different readings. The window on the face looks like it froze at the 4 hour 57 minute number as well as the remaining time. The display on the monitor kept chugging along until it finished.
What is RenderBooster? Is it an MS software?
Lou, this was my very first time with MS and BluRay. I went to all the settings and checked them.
The audio default was at 25, I believe. I could not change that.
Thanks for trying to assist me and walking me through it.
Jeff Menton
Valuable Video, Inc.
Miami, FL 33186
JeffMenton

Post by JeffMenton »

Hi Group:
Still can't get it to burn. I'm ready to give up.
Is there a way I can plug my portable Samsung BluRay burner into my S-6000 and burn the project that way?
Also, is there a way I can download the project (Storyboard) onto a 32gig card?
I'll try anything to get the output.
Thanks for any assistance.
Jeff Menton
Valuable Video, Inc.
Miami, FL 33186
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Plug the ext. drive send check off ext. Drive in systems.

You can export via MM. Choose your export codec in the PC MENU. Also, you can export using OPT. in the scene bin as an AVI. If you own RB, you will observe other codecs in the OPT area. Lastly, you can close out your project and save the SB as HDV or MTS via the save area. Just send yo your card.