Page Arrows missing on Chapter menu

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Page Arrows missing on Chapter menu

Post by Christopher6206 »

Hello, I just burned a Blu Ray disc of a play I shot. The client needs both BD-R and a DVD so when I went in to re author the video in SD for a DVD it made the disc it plays fine but the arrows for navigating the chapter menu are missing. And it's like they are there just off to far on the left and right of the screen. If I have the furthest thumbnail highlighted on the right or left and then press the arrow on my remote the highlight on the thumbnail goes away as if the arrow is being highlighted now instead, and then I press enter on the remote, the chapter page changes like it should but I still can't see the arrow. My first thought is that maybe the thumbnails are too large, pushing the arrows to the right and left to far. When I created the menu I some issues getting the menu to change from HD to SD that were weird but I eventually I got it to work. But I don't remember even seeing the arrows when I created the chapter menu. WOndering if anyone else has seen this issue and what they did to solve it. I don't see anything listed in the Arabesk 5 release notes. This is for Arabesk 5.6. Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Page Arrows missing on Chapter menu

When I created the Chapter Menu for the BD-R, I saved it in the Archives so that hopefully when I made the Chapter menu for the DVD I could simply re-load it. But all it saved was the placement of the thumbnails and the background screen. No chapter titles or the actual thumbnails images themselves. When I reloaded the archived chapter menu template I got this warning that came up in German. I had to click "Ok" about 10 times before that went away and another message in German came up. I clicked on that "ok" a bunch of times too and then it went back to the first message. Then it finally went away. Wondering if that has something to do with it. It makes me wonder if it is not possible to load a template saved in HD into an SD Arabesk project. Other weird stuff happened too but to long to go into. That was the main weird thing. Any comments are appreciated.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206

I am now going to try converting the HD storyboard to SD using the clipboard and importing into an empty project. Then recreating the disc in Arabesk in SD. I'll post how that goes. But it seems like menus should be able to be saved in their entirety and then called up later. It is not unusual for a client to want copies in both Blu Ray and DVD. It should be easy to make both without having to re do all the menus and chapters.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

In a few week or so, Chet will have a training video about Arabesk 6. All of your posting can be done in Arabesk 6. For instance, you can save your HD and SD as an ISO file for archiving. Also, you you can save your projects as p1 and p2 etc in another setting and then bring those settings back anytime. Lastly, you can Archive menus. Some of these features are in the Arabesk manual. If you belong to Chet's Casablanca Expert website, there may be some tutorials you can watch with the current Arabesk software. Personally, Arabesk 6 is outstanding and would probably be your best bet.
Christopher6206

Thanks Lou, I did read up on Arabesk 6 and saw the things you mentioned. It also says they recommend 2GB of RAM to use it which my machine does not have. I may get it anyway as it probably means it would just run slow on my Cassie. However I could add some RAM to it I suppose.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705