Arabesk 6.3 not working for me.

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
calypsomultimedia
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 7.1 for Windows, Casablanca Prestige

Arabesk 6.3 not working for me.

Post by calypsomultimedia »

I've recently acquired Bogart 7.1 for Windows and paid the extra US$120 or so to also activate Arabesk 6.3. While I'm, so far, very happy with the editor I can't say the same about Arabesk. I've managed to burn two Dvd's and thrown away over a dozen! The first two dvds I burned worked albeit with a very poor quality picture - way inferior to the one delivered by my Casbalanca Prestige. Every dvd's I've tried since have ended up in the bin. Not jumping to the menu to start with, playing only a part of the film, sound out of sync, no sound, glitches, etc... I've tried burning them with and without the assistant, tried making a scene of the finished film and loading it in standard def in another project, tried different bit rates, different quality, etc...nothing works.

I've know reverted to using Freemake, a free software that converts and burns my Dvds in half the time it takes Arabesk to do the same thing, produces a much higher picture quality and works every single times. And is free!

Needless to say, I'm not impressed and still want to get the software I paid for to work. Does anyone have any suggestion?

If that's any help, I'm running Windows 8.1 on a a i7-4710HQ with 12Gb of RAM and a NVidia Geforce 850M.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Arabesk 6.3 not working for me.

Post by LouBruno »

No issue here in the U.S.
calypsomultimedia
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 7.1 for Windows, Casablanca Prestige

Re: Arabesk 6.3 not working for me.

Post by calypsomultimedia »

Update:

Following Michael Huebmer - the software dealer in Europe - 's suggestion I have now updated Bogart to version 7.2 and deactivated the "hardware acceleration" in Arabesk but it still isn't working. In fact, it appears to be worse.The software crashed once in the middle of rendering the project, on several occasions, it rendered the project but stopped without burning the disc. I finally managed to burn one disc and - while the quality was better - it still didn't jump to the menu, still had the sound out of sync and multiple glitches. Not sure where to go from here.