Order of steps in authoring with version 6.3g

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Order of steps in authoring with version 6.3g

Post by CKNewman »

I have a question about Arabesk version 6.3g for Windows:

Do the steps necessary to burning a DVD need to be followed in a certain order in order for a successful burn, or can those steps be done in any order and then perhaps re-visited and choices be changed without affecting the success of the authoring to burning process?

If what I outlined above did affect the finished DVD, what kinds of issues might I be encountering? I'm asking because the discs I've burned so far are not playing the way they should.

Thanks in advance,
Craig Newman
Brenda
Casablanca Unit: Camera:Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 shooting 1920x1080 60P footage
Casablanca Editor: Ultra
PC Editor: Windows 10 Home C 2016 Microsoft Corp
Dell XPS 8500 Intel ® Core ™ i7-3770CPU @ 3.40 GHz 16GB
RAM, 64-bit OpSys, x64-based processor, No Pen or Touch input

Re: Order of steps in authoring with version 6.3g

Post by Brenda »

Are you talking bout DVDs or Blu Rays? What do you mean they are not playing the way they should? Have you talked to your dealer?
Brenda
Lantow Productions, casablancabrenda@gmail.com, 530-283-1590
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Brenda,

I apologize for missing your post. Thank you very much for offering to help.

I think I was trying to design my own background and menu screen - which didn't respond to clicking buttons for movies. I eventually did succeed in authoring a DVD with one movie and 13 chapters spread over 4 pages.

I do believe that I ran into an audio synch problem at one stage, and solved the problem by using NOP on the clips that comprised the chapters. I think Michael Heubmer posted that tip but I'm not sure. I thought I saw a step-by-step set of instructions on authoring DVDs buy I haven't been able to find it.

Thank you again Brenda!
Craig Newman
Brenda
Casablanca Unit: Camera:Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 shooting 1920x1080 60P footage
Casablanca Editor: Ultra
PC Editor: Windows 10 Home C 2016 Microsoft Corp
Dell XPS 8500 Intel ® Core ™ i7-3770CPU @ 3.40 GHz 16GB
RAM, 64-bit OpSys, x64-based processor, No Pen or Touch input

Post by Brenda »

You're welcome. Glad things worked out.
Brenda