Arabesk 7 Gold Edition

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
JeffMenton
Casablanca Unit: S-6000

Arabesk 7 Gold Edition

Post by JeffMenton »

Hi Group:
Just installed the new Arabesk 7 and would like to read the manual. Need help on the new settings.
Where do I find it on the web site US or Germany?
Or could somebody send me the link to download.
Thanks.
Jeff Menton
Valuable Video, Inc.
Miami, FL 33186
jeff@valuablevideo.com
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: Arabesk 7 Gold Edition

Post by MichaelD »

I'm not aware of an 'English' manual of Arabesk v7 yet.
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

There is no english manual yet ... it hasn't been officially released, but I found this on the macro motion germany site macromotion.de then go to products and casablanca software. you may have to translate it to english ... not sure if you can.

http://www.macrosystem.de/de_de/produkt ... tools.html

Beth Klinger
JeffMenton

Post by JeffMenton »

Hi Beth:
Thanks for the info. Had no idea it hasn't been released yet.
Also, thanks for the web site to look at.
Nothing there of any value to get me up and going to set my parameters.
I guess I'll have to wait to see something in English.
I burned a Blu-ray project just as I would using my prior version. I know I set up chapter
points but when I put it in my player I could not access the menu and see my chapters. I was
able to go to the chapters by clicking my remote.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Have a great weekend, from sunny Miami.
Jeff Menton
Valuable Video, Inc.
Miami, FL 33186
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Arabesk 7 has some nice new features. We can now mark the SB and designate chapter menu points via clicking on a new SB icon. Bit rates are now automatically processed in Arabesk to optimize the DVD...some other nice features.....
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Post by Charles »

Some more of the features of Arabesk 7 on http://www.dysonvideoservices.co.uk/page14/page14.html It's not a manual as such but may help
Regards
Charles
JeffMenton

Post by JeffMenton »

Hi Lou:
Thanks for that information.
What I have been doing in the past was copy my project to a new project and used my split tool to get my chapters. Then put on my SB in the chapters
i wanted. From your post, I gather, all I need to do is use the new Chapter Split key. Pretty good. I'll try it later.
Can I ask another question for my same 2 cents?
I shot this job in HD from our trip to Israel and want to make 20 copies in either HD or SD for friends, some do not have Blu-ray yet.
How do I make an SD master DVD from my HD version?
I hope I didn't go over my 2 cents yet?
Thanks.
Jeff Menton
Valuable Video, Inc.
Miami, FL 33186
JeffMenton

Post by JeffMenton »

Hi Lou:
I did what you suggested about using the Chapter key.
Yes, I see my chapters with no problem.
A problem I see is under the SHAPING , MAIN MENU.
I set up my Background, set my title and then selected BUTTON.
I did see a 4 squares in yellow that I took off.
I selected my image that I want in the Image Box, selected "Play".
When I clicked out of those settings I'm getting the RED Triangle next to the MAIN MENU SETTING.
It says "no button for chaptermenu in main menu for movie "_______".
What am I doing wrong? I've done this a 1000 times when I would edit Weddings and Bar/Mitzvah
videos.
Very confused here in Miami.
Jeff Menton
Valuable Video, Inc.
Miami, FL 33186
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

No need to make a master DVD. Export Arabesk as an ISO file for exportation. You will see the ISO button to the right of the Arabesk area. Export to an external thumb drive...external HDD etc. You will now have the ability to burn that file in any of the free or paid ISO burners .....will duplicate your entire DVD and Menu.

.i think you forgot to designate chapters in the main menu. You should see both a PLAY/START icon plus a default yellow box which is your chapter menu...now.....close out and go to the chapter menu.
JeffMenton

Post by JeffMenton »

Hi Again:
I went back in and checked everything. This isn't my first rodeo, but I sure feel stupid in completing this project. I've burned 1000's of DVD's before. As a matter of interest, I was the second person, in Florida, to buy a Casablanca when they were first introduced in the late 1990's. My wife and I stood at their booth at the WEVA convention for hours at a time watching the demo. That is where I bought my first unit. I recall there were a few digital editing systems being shown that year and we looked at them all. I asked the owner of B&H what he thought at the time and he said the Casablanca looked the best to him. We paid $10,000 at the time. Times have changed a little bit since then.
On my MAIN MENU screen I only have a PLAY BUTTON to start the movie, which is surrounded in the YELLOW. The movie plays when clicked. The only thing that isn't working is the CHAPTER MENU. When I would click on my remote for my BLU-RAY player MENU it isn't bringing me to the menu screens that I set up. I set up 7 chapters on 2 menu screens.I know they were set up. When I click on my advance button on my remote it moves to the next chapter without any difficulty.
I liked the idea of exporting as an ISO file. I can do that. I'm sure I can use one of my many 32gig SD cards. Can I then make a BLU-RAY disk from that?
NEXT QUESTION...How would I convert this HD project to standard SD to make stardard DVD's to give to our friends from our trip?
Thanks for your input.
Jeff Menton
Valuable Video, Inc.
Miami, FL 33186

No need to make a master DVD. Export Arabesk as an ISO file for exportation. You will see the ISO button to the right of the Arabesk area. Export to an external thumb drive...external HDD etc. You will now have the ability to burn that file in any of the free or paid ISO burners .....will duplicate your entire DVD and Menu.

.i think you forgot to designate chapters in the main menu. You should see both a PLAY/START icon plus a default yellow box which is your chapter menu...now.....close out and go to the chapter menu.
LOU BRUNO

Gocycle@optonline.net
LouBruno