Difficulty creating chapter menu that works correctly

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Difficulty creating chapter menu that works correctly

Post by CKNewman »

I hope someone can shed some light on this problem. I’ve been trying to burn a Blu-ray disc consisting of one film with 16 chapters. I can’t advance down a column of chapters by just pressing the down arrow because it skips the next chapter so I have to use the right arrow. Trying to get to other chapters I find I must use all of the arrows on the DVD remote. It also presents the same issue when I try Disc-Preview in Arabesk 7. Has anyone had a similar experience? There doesn’t seem to be any documentation on Arabesk 7, neither release notes nor a manual. Thank you in advance for any help.
Craig Newman
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: Difficulty creating chapter menu that works correctly

Post by LouBruno »

Box size....Text Size and no more than 7 boxes must be evenly placed.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Difficulty creating chapter menu that works correctly

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Lou, thank you for your input.

The template that I used has this problem to begin with. I used the red rose template. When using the Assistant, the template itself loaded with alternating chapter buttons flush left and then slightly indented. I did not suspect that this would create a problem so I used the mouse but did not execute a thorough check with the Disc Preview. Michael Heubmer was able to duplicate the problem and said that the mouse will work but a normal remote will not work.

Now my new rule is that I will manually check every template with the Disc Preview!

Also very important - I found that testing with Disc Preview although the chapters may advance going down in a vertical line, they might not go back up in sequence! They really have to be in a perfect vertical line.
Craig Newman