Can't burn a locked project

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Can't burn a locked project

Post by Christopher6206 »

I understand I can't change anything on a Locked project (in Arabesk) but why can't I make a copy of one? A week ago I set up the creation of a Blu Ray disc and after finishing realized, I didn't have any BD-Rs. But I decided to preview the menu, because sometimes text on the Arabesk screen ends up off the screen when the BD-R is created. It unexpectedly rendered the the entire film. So I'm like "well that's cool, I'll just wait until I get a BD-R disc and then burn it."

I have the discs now, I go into Arabesk and the warning about The project no longer on the hard drive. Make Arabesk consistent.?" Or something like that. If I hit "yes" unreachable data will be deleted, so I hit "No". The film is still in the storyboard. And I was making a disc that was a trimmed part of the storyboard. I did some editing on the part that's in front of the trimmed part I was burning, and I think I have now answered my own question.

Whoops!
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Can't burn a locked project

Post by mhuebmer »

As long as the Bogart project is not altered, it can always be copied. But, depending on the changes, Arabesk might have to lock the project to keep it "like it was added". After this lock, there are no more changes possible. The film has to be added in a new Disk-Project. Menu and chapter design has to be redone. :?