Arebesk issues in my Saphir

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
ChrisMommsen
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro
Saphir

Arebesk issues in my Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

I have been using Arabesk 7 in my Saphir and have had two issues. The first involved burning a Cantata to dvd in which early in the disc the video jumped (always in the same spot on multiple tries) and the audio was out of sync the remainder of the disc. The second most recent issue has involved trying to burn a program and having it fail on render. Each attempt has come up with the window that there was some sort of issue with Bogart that forced Widows to shut down the program. When I restart it finds nothing wrong but of course goes to program one (the video was in program 6). That might be a common restart. But I could not overcome either issue in the Saphir and had to resort to (both times) offloading the programs to my old S4000 Pro and finally got them to burn correctly and completely. The 4000 is running Arabesk 4.2c on Bogart 5.10. The Saphir is on Bogart 9.3 and Arabesk 7. What could be causing these issues? I have successfully authored other dvd's from hd footage, so it almost seems random. Incidentally I was able to burn a Bluray of the second program just fine without any mystery shut down issues. What might be at issue besides it being a computer.

Thanks,
Chris
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Arebesk issues in my Saphir

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Chris,

It sounds like a real mystery. :?: I'm not an authority on Arabesk, but I wonder if installing the most recent update of Bogart 9 might help. I looked at the downloads page and it looks like the most recent version is Bogart 9.6c that is included with the Bogart 10.0c download files. You'll find it on this page of the MSUS website http://macrosystem.us/index.php?pr=Bogart

I am also wondering if it would help to re-install Arabesk.

You could also try posting your question on the Cassie Tips List http://listserv2.dakotacom.net/mailman/ ... otacom.net .

Please let us know how the problem was solved.
Craig Newman
ChrisMommsen
Casablanca Unit: S 4000 Pro
Saphir

Re: Arebesk issues in my Saphir

Post by ChrisMommsen »

I know installing and reinstalling and upgrading are the usual answers. Computers get annoying sometimes. The bluray of the second program is not ok. The motion seems off, slightly jerky. So we will see if an upgrade or whatever will help this randomness or create new unique and unusual problems. Thanks.