Best Brand BD-R

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Best Brand BD-R

Post by Christopher6206 »

Curious as to what brands of BD-R folks are using with Arabesk. I was using Ridata and not having any problems. Recently I switched to Verbatim, whose DVD+Rs I've used for years and loved them. But since switching I keep making coasters. Arabesk will go into verify mode and then tell me "Arabesk was not able to verify the disc" or something to that effect. WHen this happens, I can see data burned on the disc but it won't play on my Blu Ray Player. SOmetimes if I'm burning 2 discs at once, one will work and the other won't. Recently, I tried just copying the disc using the 2 drives. First one didn't work and the 2nd one did. Also on one disc that had 2 trimmed parts of the same movie, it burned the 2 trimmed parts at equal length, when they weren't equal at all. Leaving 20 min of footage off one of the movies. The only thing I can think of is that it's the Verbatim discs. Any one else have problems with Verbatim? What brands have you had great success with? Thanks,
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Re: Best Brand BD-R

Post by stonepatterson »

I use PlexDisc Water Resistant Glossy White Inkjet Printable BD-R 6x 25GB Blu-ray, 25 Disc Spindle for my BluRay (available at Amazon.com). I print on a EPSON ET-7750, tank-inkjet that does discs, covers, up to 11 X 17 photos... PERFECT (bought on Amazon for 549.00 with doubled bottled inks)! The quality of the burn is perfect! People praise the image and look... of the discs. AND the price is right!
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Best Brand BD-R

Post by Christopher6206 »

Update: After updated Arabesk to version 7, the verbatim BD-Rs are working fine. I made 19 Blu Rays of a program and they all burned fine. So far so good.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705