Cannot burned a locked project 2

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Cannot burned a locked project 2

Post by Christopher6206 »

I've asked about this before, but this time it's different. I have several projects in Arabesk that are "Locked" because the project is no longer on the hard drive. These projects were burned sometime ago but now I need some extra copies and for one of them I don't have an extra disc. So on this particular project, I get the warning "Bogart project not found on hard drive etc". When I click on "No" to not delete because unreachable data doesn't exist or whatever, it loads the project and it just says "Locked Project" in the window. When I click on anything, including "Burn disc" I get "This project cannot be modified" So I cannot make a disc. On a different Locked Project, whose data and storyboard are also not on the machine, I get a similar message when trying to load it, but in the window it says "Locked Project, Ready for burning/ISO export". On this I can burn a disc. So my question is what causes this to happen? Ones a locked project that can be burned, another is a locked project that cannot.????
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Cannot burned a locked project 2

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Chris,

Was your dealer able to help you?

I'm not an Arabesk expert, but I've re-read your post and I am curious about something. Arabesk 6 introduced a new feature that allowed us to archive ISO images of the DVD projects we created and then re-load them to burn DVDs at a later date. This was different than using Ksebara to make copies
You now also have the option to export a completed disk as an "ISO" file. Thus DVD / BD productions can be stored on external hard drives, and later re-imported for lossless copies. (No changes possible with ISO imports).
Did you create an ISO image for every project that you created with Arabesk 6? It sounds like the project that you can burn has accessed its ISO image that you had previously exported when you created the project. Have you tried to find different places on the internal or external hard drives where you may have stored ISO images from other projects that were created in Arabesk 6?

It may be necessary to retrieve (borrow) one of the original DVDs to make your copies using Ksebara - and keep one for yourself. I don't know if Ksebara can generate an ISO image that can be archived. Also, there are other programs that can copy DVDs and create ISO images. I looked around and found these articles - I have not used the software they refer to and make no claims about their function or safety. https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-create- ... cd-2625180

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-burn-an ... vd-2626156

In addition to these there are quite a number of other free programs out there.

I have no recommendations but you may also want to research commercial programs like Roxio, Nero, Wondershare, etc to make copies.

Let us know how you make out!
Craig Newman
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

I am aware of the ISO export/import option. I have never used it. Keeping a copy of the disc to make additional copies later just seems easier and more reliable. I offer DVD Blu Ray and Digital download for all my products. SO I had made a.mp4 of the storyboard in question by archive the storyboard and using Media Manager to create a .mp4. It was exported with "extra high" quality so I knew it was minimally compressed. I just reimported that file from the archives back into Bogart and was able to make a new disc that way. Yeah, had to re create the menu and all that but it didn't take too long. One day I'll get a Cassie Machine that runs Windows. When that happens I might start burning ISO images. We'll see. I'm still unsure as to why I can burn some locked projects but not others. Thanks for your reply.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

When you get the message "Bogart project not found on hard drive" it means you removed that project. It is no longer available. When you remove a project from the storyboard, you should ALWAYS remove it in ARABESK too ... if you don't it will only cause you more headaches. If you find you can burn some "locked" projects, it means that project still exists on the storyboard.

Beth Klinger
bkgrammie2@gmail.com
Christopher6206

I have at least 6 projects in Arabesk right now that are locked, ready for burning, and don't exist in the projects window. I don't delete an Arabesk project until I'm sure I don't need to make any more copies. But I do delete their corresponding projects to make room for new ones. So I have 6 Arabesk locked projects that are ready to burn and 1 that just says "Locked" and I can't burn anything. SO I'm trying to figure out what the difference is with this one project. Thanks for the reply.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

I still think that storing Arabesk projects as .ISO files is far preferable to keeping them on a disc.
They save and restore really quickly.

These DVD's are literally burnt into the plastic and as such do not stand the test of time unless they are archival.

Hard drives can go down too of course but for me they are still the safer option.

As for your 'odd' locked project in Arabesk if the disc project hasn't been rendered and the
Bogart project was altered or deleted then the locked disc project is useless.

So the answer is to render your project in Arabesk if you want to keep it for later burning OR are going to delete it in Bogart.
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Totally agree with Michael. ISO files are much preferred over burning/storing DVDs. So much time and money saved.
Beth Klinger