Can't make a copy of DVD+R DL Arabesk 7

Disc authoring in your Casablanca
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Can't make a copy of DVD+R DL Arabesk 7

Post by Christopher6206 »

Hello, I filmed a variety show and since my client thinks it's 1998 they ordered 32 copies on DVD. For that reason, I decided to use my old S-4000 pro. Which for the most part worked fine. However the show was split into 2 acts, with roughly the same length, each split into their own 25 thumbnail chapter menus. For each of the 25 performances in each act. Interestingly, the running time was just under 124 min. And Arabesk 5 gave me a warning that all of the film may not be added because I was pushing disc capacity. I was burning this on medium quality and after adding everything, Arabesk said my disc was 99% full with 1% space left. Great! I thought. When I burned the disc I had 4 thumbnails. 2 for each Act and 2 for their corresponding chapter menus. The disc played but 3 of the 4 thumbnails just played the 1st act while 1 played the first act chapters menu. So big sigh and then I re did the whole thing using a DVD+R DL as the target media. This time rendering at high quality. This all worked out much better. The disc is now 80% full and all the buttons work correctly. But the s-4000 pro only has one disc drive so I decided to try and make more copies using my Karat, and Arabesk 7. First I wanted to import the disc so I could burn 2 at a time. But import disc is gone now (Where did that go?). So instead I tried to copy the disc. I put the previously recorded disc from the s-4000 pro into drive 2 and a blank DVD+R DL into drive 1. After a few seconds the machine says "Copy disc only works for compatible disc types!" Which I guess means both disc have to be the same for it to work. When I put a blank DVD+R DL into the drive 1 and ask it to tell me what type of disc it is, it indeed will say it's a DVD+R DL. It says "Layers: 2" SO what is the problem? I can't seem to import the disc, or make a copy of it. Is this a bug? An overlooked coding issue? Is a disc made with Arabesk 5 not going to be able to be copied in Arabesk 7? Also, this is right after I just did a full decontructive install of Bogart 10.3a, upgrading from Bogart 10.0. SO pretty sure that's not the problem. Any help is appreciated and would like to know if anyone else has had similar issues. Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Re: Can't make a copy of DVD+R DL Arabesk 7

Post by bethklinger »

Chris, I'm not sure why you would want to "copy" a disc into another machine with a totally different version of Bogart/Arabesk to make the copies. Have you tried working with an ISO downloaded to a HDD. I Can't remember if the S4K had the ISO feature?

Beth Klinger
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Can't make a copy of DVD+R DL Arabesk 7

Post by Christopher6206 »

The S-4000 pro does not have ISO export. I just wanted making copies to go faster. I can't copy the disc to Arabesk 7 so I was just trying to copy the disc from one drive to the other. Are you saying I can only copy a disk in Arabesk 7 that has been made with Arabesk 7? I ended up using a disc back up program on my PC with the internal optical drive and an external DVD burner. Which worked fine but it took a lot longer than just putting one disc into a drive, a blank in the other and pressing "Copy disc"
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705