recording and importing music and video files from USB

The Ins and Outs of it.
spock4
Casablanca Unit: S4000Pro

recording and importing music and video files from USB

Post by spock4 »

importing videos/music files from USB
by spock4 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:57 pm

i just installed bogart 4.5c in my s4000pro. i wanted to import some music files (mp3) from a flashdrive, and after reading the section on that procedure in the online manual for 4.0 bogart OS, i was successful. when i tried to do the same thing again, i couldn't do it. i can get as far as viewing and playing the files via the universal player/usb/play, etc. but this next paragraph in the instructions:

--'After a short moment, all the files that can be found on the
medium or in the network folder will be shown. You can now
play the file using the Play button and control playback using
the functions shown in the Help menu. To import the file into
your film or music archive, press the Record button'--
the last sentence, THERE IS NO RECORD BUTTON VISIBLE IN THAT MENU. i don't remember how i did it the first time, but it worked great, and all the songs are in the audio section of my edit menu. i want to import some more and also some short videos which i can play in the universal/usb/play menu, but i cannot record to the import section. i accessed all this in the MEDIA MANAGER. i shut down and rebooted the cassie, and removed the USB and reinserted it. hellllllllllllllllllllllllppppp thx
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: recording and importing music and video files from USB

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Hello,

I have a detailed tutorial how you can import MP3 files via the Media Manager on my website here: http://cassieexpert.live.subhub.com/articles/20090816

The short of it is that once you have imported the file/s into the Audio Archives in the Media Manager side using the USB Import function - you need to go to the Archives button in the Project in the 'regular' side of Bogart SE where you want your file/s to appear and use the Musicarchives 'Import' function to bring the audio over to your project in the Audio menus.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com