Go pro camera

A place to talk equipment, other than Casablanca
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Go pro camera

Post by flvideo »

Does anyone have experience with the Go Pro cameras? I am toying with the idea of buying one for in-car shots on the track. Thanks Bob...
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Re: Go pro camera

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Hello Bob,

I have seen one and know of at least one Casablanca colleague who has and uses one, it is a file-based camera recording MPEG4. It imports into the newer Bogart OS editors but you would need to covert the files to work with a Smart Edit Casablanca.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Post by Volker »

Hi,
I have a GoPro HD Hero Cam and I love it. The camera shoots in 720p and 1080p modes. Bogart currently supports importing the 720p format. 1080p will be supported with an upcoming update (already works on my unit).

720p looks awesome because it has this fish eye effect and you see a wide wide wide field of view.

The battery is very good. It records for more than 2 hours in a row.
You can buy many accessories for this camera for example if you want to use it on a helmet or on your regular tripod.

Maybe I will upload some footage soon.

The camera's case, by the way, is very solid and it is water proof. I once ran with my car over it and it protected the camera.

Any further questions? :D
Volker Hill - Germany
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I saw some footage shot with it yesterday and it looked really good. I went to their web site and I was looking at the SD model. Thats where I am now any way. I have seen tracks that charge drivers for in car camera footage and they did quite well with it. I have thought about doing that and also using the footage in my production. I saw on their web site where the SD model has a RCA out for video. That being the case I could dump it directly in my Rommy VIA RCA cable and it also I think has a fire wire out. Bob...