GoPro 2 - Lou?!

A place to talk equipment, other than Casablanca
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

GoPro 2 - Lou?!

Post by Volker »

Hi,
I am a big fan of the GoPro HD Hero camera. Now, since the GoPro2 camera is out, I am wondering if I have to buy this one as well :D
Maybe Lou can answer this. Do the images look significantly better (in low light conditions) and does this new camera also offer the option to run with 25/50 frames per second (PAL)?
Do you know when the WiFi add-on kit will be available?
I would love to see the images of the GoPro streamed to my cell phone for better control :-)

Best regards,
Volker
Volker Hill - Germany
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: GoPro 2 - Lou?!

Post by LouBruno »

.The resolution for the full 170 degree view is now 1080 @ 30P. And yes... somewhat sharper by nature of the better lens and 1920X1080 at full view. Colors do look better however.

.Low Light: They claim "professional lowlight" but that is not the case. Yes...it is brighter and YES...there is grain. It is brighter than my older GoProHD but not satisfactory in my opinion or useful in house lighting.

.The Wi-fi pack will be released PROBABLY after the Jan 1st.

.I can't answer for sure but there is an PAL setting. There is a 720 60fps setting in NTSC so this will equal 50fps in PAL. keep in mind. One version of BOGART would not accept 720 60fps (NTSC) but 4.1G does import. All the rest are 30fps except the overcranking setting of 120fps (slow-mo) but at a very very low resolution.

.11Mp stills are awesome as is the LCD monitor pack I purchase.
Volker
Casablanca Unit: equipment: Sony HDR-XR520, Sony RX10, GoPro Hero1, Actionpro X7, Canon Ixus 70, 2xEnterprise MAX with Bogart SE 5/6, Samsung 42" FullHD LCD, Samsung 22" DVI Monitor, Samsung 22" HDMI TV Monitor

Re: GoPro 2 - Lou?!

Post by Volker »

Thanks, Lou for your impressions!
I am really interested in that WiFi pack, so I think I have to wait for next year and buy the camera and the add-on...

I used the GoPro 1 on two different concerts now. And I have to say that the low light qualities of this camera are pretty bad so I was hoping the GoPro 2 would be much better, as advertised.

Best regards,
Volker
Volker Hill - Germany