Camera's for low light

A place to talk equipment, other than Casablanca
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Camera's for low light

Post by methuenbill »

I would like to find out which camera's you guy's and gal's are using. I read the specs on the camera's and to achieve low light they change the setting from standard to slower shutter speeds, ect. I am looking for a good camera around 3k which is good in low light. (weddings as well as dimmly lit stage productions). I have women that work for me and the lighter the camera the better.
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Re: Camera's for low light

Post by ASHampton »

Canon 5D MK II
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

And the Canon 60d with a Canon 50 mm 1.4 and a 11mm x 16 2.8 tokina,you will
be in happy.... :D

go for it !!. ;)
johno
Casablanca Unit: s4000 pro

Post by johno »

as camcorders go, the Sony PMW-EX1 and the Sony NXCAM HXR-NX5U are both very good in low light. i saw the nx5u at nab and was really impressed. also the sony z1u is rated at 3 lux, have not used or seen the camera, but reviews give it a good rating in low light. i know there are those who like the dslr's, but for our company that tapes mostlly weddings, plays, and events that last at least a 1/2 hour, camcorders work best for us because of the time limit on the dslr's.
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

As far as actual cameras, the EX-1R/EX-3 are the kings of lowlight. Next would be the SONY HVR-Z-7 and the more expensive HVR-270.