need advice... HELP?

A place to talk equipment, other than Casablanca
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

need advice... HELP?

Post by stonepatterson »

Help?

I am taking the new camera leap -- first time since 1998. Saying goodbye to DVcam -- forever. In a few weeks I will purchase a brand new Sony PMW300, http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... order.html as soon as they are available. In order to save money, I am avoiding the expensive 64 GB PRO SXS cards and buying a Samurai BLADE system http://www.atomos.com/samurai-blade/ that uses a wide array of 2.5 Drives -- even the 750GB/7200 rpm are not expensive and are great for archive as well as shooting (95% of what I shoot is on tripod or on a Kessler K-Pod).

Advice really needed. Will I have any problems using the above camera and HD equipment with my S6000? I am not sure.

I know I will be limited when the PMW300 becomes able to shoot 4K next year... 4K is a ways off for me in 2014/2015 anyway, I plan to stay at 50Mbps for the most part. Thanks for any advice.
Charles
Casablanca Unit: S6000 Effects 1,2,3,5,7,8 Blue Box World,
Arabesk 6.0a , Bogart 5.5c Disc Transfer 1.2

Re: need advice... HELP?

Post by Charles »

I would check that bogart will import with audio seem to remember reading posts about the audio being PCM could be wrong but worth checking
Regards
Charles
stonepatterson
Casablanca Unit: S6000 (40 software pkgs. from AkabaHD to Twixter) 2 OLD firewire Casablanca Classics (fully-loaded). Hoping eventually for the perfect camera (sometime before I die of old age). Sony 96GB HDR-PJ790. Several lighting & audio recording systems. A very old, 2006 MacPro tower 4TB hard drive & 30GB memory. More LCD monitors, TVs, tripods and misc. equipment then I want to admit to.

Post by stonepatterson »

The audio from the Samurai Blade is 48kHZ PCM audio. I believe that is what my DVcam audio from DSR 30 deck into the S6000 is as well. My concern is that the system is set up for either FCP X, Adobe CS5, Edius 6, Sony Vegas 10, Lightworks and Media Composer 6.

Disks are formatted as exFAT, exFat is supported by Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 as well as later Mac Operating Systems.

Shouldn't the above have a compatibility with the S6000? What am I missing ?
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

If you can't switch from PCM (or L PCM in this case) to Dalby (which, again in this case, you can't) you will get double left audio and not stereo.

Not a major problem . . . unless you are counting on using two microphones and want to be able to switch from one to the other :roll:

More and more 'higher' end camcorders appear not to have this facility :cry: