Bogart is failing to import clips correctly

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Bogart is failing to import clips correctly

Post by Christopher6206 »

Hello! I'm trying to import some 1080P clips into Bogart. It imported them quicker than usual. And when I tried to play them, say a 22 second clip or a 41 second clip, it would start to play it and after a few seconds it would stop. I could see the timer go from 3 seconds to 41 second or 22 seconds. If I added the clip to the storyboard and tried to play it, it would do the same thing but my screen was blank. Then Bogart would crash or do something else that didn't work. The clips do play just fine in other media player programs. So then I tried switching projects, same result. I tried switching hard drives, same result. I re-started Bogart, re-started the computer, same result. Then I went through some of the old projects on the hard drives. None of the clips in the scene bins would play properly. None of the storyboards would play properly. This is on multiple projects on multiple hard drives. Either a crash, a blank screen or a scene would not play in its entirety. This is on Bogart 12.9, for a project in 1080P progressive at 30 frames per second. What could be the cause of this? There are multiple projects on 2 different hard drives, that were edited with Bogart 12.9 that are now unusable. Thanks for any help.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Bogart is failing to import clips correctly

Post by mhuebmer »

1. BogartSE 12.9 is outdated - please update to v12.10 within the v14.0 installation :!:
  2. make sure your graphic driver software is mimimum on the versions, listed here: https://macromotion.info/gpu-en
  3. make sure you tested BogartSE / Settings / Record,Playback / "Play mode" to see if [Standard] or [Simple] will solve the issue.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Thank you for the tips. I tried what you suggested. This fixed part of the problem. I installed Bogart 14 and am now running 12.10. I tried changing the play mode from Auto to the 2 other options and that did not seem to do anything. After making the upgrade to 14, I restarted the computer and booted up Bogart. Now it was playing the clips, but I couldn't see anything on the screen. Just time code. The time code was counting to 5 and then starting over. Or it would count to a different number and then start over. This happens in the storyboard but not in the scene bin. It then occurred to me that maybe Bogart was in Dual monitor mode, I checked and it was not. However I did have a 2nd monitor plugged into my laptop for some tax work I was doing last week. I turned it on and did not see a video image from my projects. But when I unplugged that monitor, the images started to play on my main monitor. So it's not perfect yet. There's still something off. But it's more useable now. I'm going to work on my project and see if I have any additional issues.
Last edited by Christopher6206 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705
Christopher6206

So I started and completed a whole new project without issue. After, I went through my other projects on the hard drive and they were all fine too. Seems I'm good to go. Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Cannon XF-705