DV and HDV import into Bogart Win 6.1

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

DV and HDV import into Bogart Win 6.1

Post by garymcnally »

Our workstations will have it as an option early next year, and our software should support it soon.
But there is an easy way to capture it right now if your existing PC has a DV input.
All Windows systems come with the free Microsoft Movie Maker.
Use Movie Maker to do your capturing and then the files will import into Bogart.

You can even get analog video in using this method, but you need an analog to DV converter.
We sell the top of the line Grass Valley ADVC-110 with power supply for $295.
Most of your DV cameras can be used for this purpose too.
Plug in your analog video audio cables into to your camcorder, play the tape,
and set the camera to output DV into Movie Maker.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: DV and HDV import into Bogart Win 6.1

Post by LouBruno »

Good tip Gary. I use a rather complicated editing software and simply convert my timeline to the codec used in Bogart. I then can quickly edit in BOGART.
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

Also, if your PC doesn't have a DV input, the HW is relatively simple and inexpensive to add to a PC.
For a desktop the board is installed internally, for a laptop externally.
Here is an informative video I saw on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BthebohwsDk

We will be releasing our own desktops and laptops with the DV option soon.
However, if you are adventurous and need it now, please let us know what works and doesn't work for you.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
jpbarthe
Casablanca Unit: s4100 bogart 4.1g arabesk 5

Post by jpbarthe »

I just started using the trial for BFW, understanding that version 7 is coming, but wanted to test out anyway. I have a Sony Vaio laptop with i5 processor, Windows 7, 6 g ram. I was surprised at how slow importing of a video takes. Granted it is 17g of an mts file, but 3 hours later it is less than halfway through. Using Powerdirector 13, it takes seconds to load into the program. Is this normal?
JP
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I have a Sony Vaio 1-7 etc. imports just as fast as my KARAT.
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

Hi JP,
You had a format mismatch. With Bogart Windows v7 it will tell you of the mismatch so you can change it. But on B6, just cancel anything that is going slow. Find out what format it was shot in, and set the Bogart 6 Project format the same. Otherwise, it imports and transcodes at the same time sloooowly.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us