DV Tape

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

DV Tape

Post by flvideo »

I am still shooting on DV tape and I want to get the Bogart 6.1 for Windows. What is the best way to get a video input into my Desk top? I use firewire on my Rennie but there is no video input on my Dell!
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: DV Tape

Post by CKNewman »

If your Dell has a 6-pin firewire input you can try a 4-pin to 6-pin cable. Otherwise you may be able to install a firewire card yourself or have the place you purchased your computer or a local computer shop do that for you.
Craig Newman
LegendsStudio
Casablanca Unit: S 2000

Post by LegendsStudio »

Here is a Firewire to USB connector for 3 bucks... good luck :) http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... r&_sacat=0
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

As far as I'm aware you can't just change the 'plug' - the data is different and so converting it does nothing, well not for video anyway.

Here's (one) comment from an Amazon buyer;
Bought this Item to transfer video footage from my Panasonic camcorders via fire wire to my windows 7 PC (had previously used an XP system for editing) but unfortunately it does not work, windows 7 fails to recognize the connection as a camcorder and even the camcorder sustained damage, so if your looking to buy this product save your money and avoid
If your laptop has a PCMCIA slot you can get a card that goes in there, that supports firewire, however not may laptops have this facility anymore :cry:
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

A few hoops to jump through but can't you import it into your cassie, put the footage into your storyboard and then back up said storyboard to USB or disc and import it into your Dell that way? You should have a full uncompressed .dv file, very large if I remember correctly. Could always use other formats as well. If you're shooting on DV tape and the shoots are long you'd probably have to export them to an external hardrive, 1TB or larger since the files will be huge.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

A few hoops to jump through but can't you import it into your cassie, put the footage into your storyboard and then back up said storyboard to USB or disc and import it into your Dell that way?
Not with a Cassie Rennie - that will back up to a FireWire drive which puts you back where you started :(

If you have Disk Transfer you could send out .AVI files from that but they would only be around 20 minute chunks.