Using on more than one computer

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
2 Sony PD170s, 2 panasonic dvx100s, 1 JVC DV300, 1 sony DCRhc42
1 panasonicpvGS120

Using on more than one computer

Post by flvideo »

I downloaded the basic Bogart for windows and My question is if I license it for on the Dell and I decide I need a new computer for it can I load it on my new computer? Another question, I have about 8 GB left on the Dell's Hard drive. Is it best to have external drives for your video work or larger drives in the computer? I have gotten spoiled with my Rennie I have several drives an I leave projects till they are delivered and the client likes them. Another question! Can I move stills for my production easily from computers hard drive to Bogart?
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Re: Using on more than one computer

Post by Christopher6206 »

I just downloaded the trial version today and yes you can import photos in the record window. Just select the picture you want and it brings it in as a 3 second still. Works for multiple pictures too. As to your other questions I'm not sure on those.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

I downloaded the basic Bogart for windows and My question is if I license it for on the Dell and I decide I need a new computer for it can I load it on my new computer?
It is currently a one user/device licence.
Another question, I have about 8 GB left on the Dell's Hard drive. Is it best to have external drives for your video work or larger drives in the computer?
With B4W v6 you can move the directory where the information is stored (from C drive to D drive on a desktop PC for example) but not as yet external.
flvideo
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 6.1 for windows, Renommee, Avio pro, and a cassie classic
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

Michael so what you are telling me is that if I license the Gold and put it on my old Dell that I can't move it to a new computer?
Also you are saying that all my storage has to be in the host computer, no external storage? I maybe should rethink what my best avenue to proceed is! I want to go to HD but it has to be a gradual shift. I don't have the funds to do it all at once! Thank you!
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

Best check with Gary . . . this is the 'current' situation in the UK.
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

Just a note that you can adjust your photos time length by going into settings, and record/playback and set the photos to any length of time you need.
Beth Klinger
flvideo
1 panasonicpvGS120

Post by flvideo »

I have tried to check with Gary but have not been able to Thanks Mike!
Brenda
Casablanca Unit: Camera:Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 shooting 1920x1080 60P footage
Casablanca Editor: Ultra
PC Editor: Windows 10 Home C 2016 Microsoft Corp
Dell XPS 8500 Intel ® Core ™ i7-3770CPU @ 3.40 GHz 16GB
RAM, 64-bit OpSys, x64-based processor, No Pen or Touch input

Post by Brenda »

Gotta read the License Agreement!
1. MacroMotion grants Licensee the non-exclusive right without restrictions in time or place to use the Products. MacroMotion is not obliged to cede the software underlying source code, including the associated development documentation.

2. Licensee may install and personally use the licensed software on one device (e.g. one laptop or one work station). If the single computer is connected to a multi-user system, this EULA shall apply to all users of the system. In case Licensee changes the hardware, all software on the hardware used must be deleted. Simultaneous use on more than one hardware device is not permitted.

3. Licensee may copy the licensed software, if such reproduction is necessary for the contractually agreed use. Licensee is authorized to create a backup, if this is necessary to secure the future use.

4. Licensee is not authorized to modify the software, unless it is to preserve or restore the agreed functions of the software purchased.

5. Third Parties

a) Renting or lending the licensed Software to a third party is expressly forbidden. Apart from that and if not provided otherwise within this EULA, Licensee may leave the software to a third party for a certain amount of time, if the third party agrees to the terms of this EULA and Licensee does not use the software during this period.

b) Except if otherwise stated within this EULA, Licensee may resell the software to a third party or transfer the software permanently free of charge, provided the third party agrees in writing with this EULA and Licensee ceases all use of the software, completely removes all installed copies of the software from its computer and - if the software was not purchased via download - deletes or transfers the original data storage to the third party (if Licensee is not obliged to a longer storage by law). In addition, Licensee is required to de-register the purchased software with MacroMotion. Following respective request from Licensee via its email address registered with MacroMotion, the serial number of the Product will be transferred by MacroMotion to the third party, and at the same time the registration of Licensee for the software purchased will be deleted.
Brenda
Lantow Productions, casablancabrenda@gmail.com, 530-283-1590
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

A new add-on software for using project environments on multiple computers is currently announced by MacroMotion Germany. You have to buy Bogart on every PC (like you would buy multiple Casablanca's), but all your x-thousand Bogart projects can be located on multiple external drives. Just plug in the needed external drive where you want to continue to work - on your desktop or on your notebook. (Like Store'n'Share, but not compatible!)
:P

EDIT 2015-07-02 / 19:20UTC: I was just informed that there is no release date in America yet, because there are tests in process. Sorry if I made some of you hot too early! Please don't ask MS-US a hole in their stomach. :oops: