Field Changer Transition Effect Problems

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
Crossada
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Avio, B4W Gold

Field Changer Transition Effect Problems

Post by Crossada »

Has anyone else had problems with the Field Changer transition effect in B4W? Or is it something funky with my system? All the other transition effects render just fine except for Field Changer so I wondered if others had found this too.

Try this test yourself and see what happens:

1) Start a New Project and create a 3 second white scene and a 3 second black scene

2) Add a 3 second Field Changer transition between them

3) Preview the effect – It should preview just fine and look like a flickering strobe light

4) Render the effect – Notice you will NOT see the effect render in the window like you should but B4W will go through the motions and mark the transition effect in blue when it's done as if it's rendered

5) Play back the clip with the effect – This is where it gets really weird! It will play back a Black scene of infinite length and where the clock resets about every 14 seconds!

6) Make the two scenes and the transition in your storyboard into a single Scene and then try to play it back – again you'll get the unending black scene with the clock resetting every 14 seconds.

Does anyone else get this same result doing this??? Thanks for all replies and happy editing.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: Field Changer Transition Effect Problems

Post by MichaelD »

Just tried it and I just get 3 seconds of black only (preview flashes just fine).

Creating a scene gives me 3 seconds of black too - so I guess it is just broken ;(
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Re: Field Changer Transition Effect Problems

Post by bethklinger »

I tried it too, and got the same results you did. Solid black or white depending on which scene was placed first.
Beth Klinger