Everything fine until I burn an ISO file - Audio Sync

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
baxwalker
Casablanca Unit: Kron Plus
Bogart 4 Windows

Everything fine until I burn an ISO file - Audio Sync

Post by baxwalker »

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind a question from the other side of the pond but your help would be most appreciated.

I'm on the latest PAL versions of B4W and Arabesk.

Here is the problem which happens on more projects than not.

Project completed.
Plays perfect from storyboard - audio fully in sync start to finish.
.AVI and MP4 files also play perfectly via Windows etc.
However, using Arabesk to produce an .ISO file - all appears ok until I burn and play the DVD - usually around 30 seconds in the audio is out by around 5 seconds and stays that way till the end. I can't find any duff frames. Anyway it always seems to go wrong about the same time in with different projects and footage.

I can successfully burn a DVD by importing the .AVI file into MoviePlus or the Free Arcsoft Showbiz. This is fine but I want to work in just Bogart and Arabesk - after all, I've paid good money for it all.

I haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer in the UK but I've heard some of you might have had a similar problem.

I have a separate fast internal drive installed just for the video data from Bogart and the ISO files.

Any suggestions really appreciated as always.

John
Canterbury, UK

Windows 7 with all updates. No other main program running at same time. Resouce Monitor shows plenty of headroom while Bogart and Arabesk running. All my profects have 20 sec Black as a lead in. Never had a problem like this with my aging Kron Plus.
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Re: Everything fine until I burn an ISO file - Audio Sync

Post by garymcnally »

I would try this:
click SETTINGS
click RECORD, PLAYBACK
change the A/V asynchronity to 200ms.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
baxwalker
Bogart 4 Windows

Post by baxwalker »

Thanks for your prompt reply Gary.

I'm probably being a bit thick here but I can't find the options you mentions in Settings - either in Bogart or Arabesk.

Can you point me to where I can find these options please.

Kind regards
John

Bogart PAL 7.2 Bronze
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

You may also want to put the play mode setting on "simple".
Beth Klinger
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

Bax,
From the main Bog Win 7 menu click the SETTINGS button.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
baxwalker
Bogart 4 Windows

Post by baxwalker »

This is all I can see from the Settings Menu in Bogart. I don't appear to have the other options you mention Gary ie RECORD/PLAYBACK

Looks like I'm already set in SIMPLE mode Beth but thanks for the suggestion.

Image[/url][/img]
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

I bet you didn't activate BW 7.2
I bet if you click PRODUCTS and get into INSTALL PRODUCT, you will find something important not active.
Arabesk 6.3 and your Gold or Silver versions are others besides BogWin7.2
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

Also keep your audio in ARABESK uncompressed via the QUALITY setting. Make sure the DATARATE is set to individual. Then select ADAPT, then with the Audio pulldown select uncompressed.

If that doesn't work in the same menu make sure the Datarate is higher than low.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
baxwalker
Bogart 4 Windows

Post by baxwalker »

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Just to repeat, I am on the Bronze version and do not have some of the options that have been suggested. (I'm not paying out for the Gold version until I feel confident I can produce reliable projects)

However, I'll try some of the suggestions out on a new project see how it works out.

Best wishes

John
baxwalker
Bogart 4 Windows

Post by baxwalker »

An update on this problem that might hold an answer.

I've now closely studied all failed projects and found a common occurrence. At about the 10th clip in on all projects with the audio sync problem there is a very brief pixilation about 2/3 through the scene. This seems to lose around 5 seconds of video which then means the audio is out for the remainder of the project. This only shows up once the project has been converted to an ISO file in Arabesk. It doesn't show in storyboard replay or if backed up as .AVI or MP4 - they all play perfectly with audio in sync and no pixilation around the 10th scene.

My projects usually start with a 20 sec black lead in. I have a 6 second black scene that I use for each opening title. I'm using the same 6second black scene each time and just adding it to the storyboard. (is this ok?). I use it to make a title and then convert to a 'scene' for the storyboard. I worked this way with my two Krons without problem.

This pixilation happens with footage from a number of different sources and different quality settings.

I'm now on a new higher spec PC with Win 10 so it will be interesting to see if the fault is on there. I did make up a basic project while in the demo version and that worked perfectly right down to producing the ISO file. Can't rely totally on that as many projects worked perfectly on my other system.

John