Re: Does "Quick Sync " really work?

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Re: Does "Quick Sync " really work?

Post by garymcnally »

Quick Sync works on all four Casablanca 4 Models sold in the US. Getting it to work on non Macrosystem PC's is very difficult because of all of the different hardware and software combinations that have been used on PC's over the years.
The necessities for VideoSync to work are the Bogart Windows 7 Gold Edition software, and an Intel i3, i5, i7 processor with Video Sync built in. But this is NO GUARANTEE it will work for you. The only guarantee we can make is that it works out of the box on our Casablanca 4 models. If you Google how to turn on Intel Quick Sync Video you will see all kinds of possiblilites, but they all look difficult. If you are doing it yourself, I would find a real good PC Expert who can guarantee activation.

This product was brand new June 15, 2015, and as I write this 2 months later I only know 3 people who have got it to work. But those that are trying are few, because most don't need it. For SD (Standard Definition) and ED (Enhanced Defintion), I would not worry about hardware acceleration. For those working with higher data rates and resolutions on a deadline, you definatatey will want the hardware acceleration (SBT)!

I have found 3 ways where you can see that it is working for you:
One is in Arabesk 6: If your project is HD, then using the Disc Project BluRay format, with either DVD or BluRay discs. In the upper right hand corner of the main Arabesk menu, the lightning bolt turns green when it is working.
2) is exporting a scene in the Edit Menu using the OPT button. The M2TS format will say (hardware accelerated) if it is working for you.
3) same M2TS (hardware accelerated) format in the EXPORT menu.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us