4Studio Pro

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
mikevictor
Casablanca Unit: 4000PRO

4Studio Pro

Post by mikevictor »

I recently purchased the Casablanca 4 Studio Pro with S/W: Bogart Windows 7.1 GOLD Edition, Arabesk 6, etc.
Are others having the following problems:
1. When editing from HD Tape input to the Bogart via a Sony HDV pro tape deck, the audio-video sync in the final project becomes progressively delayed. So, if a 90 minute piece of HDV tape is input to Bogart, by the end of that time the sync is off by 0:01:45 to 0:02:00. The video lags the audio.
Using Sony SxS cards as input, the sync issues appear to be less pronounced.
Bottom line: I am basically out of business unless I use "Scene Sample" which is virtually impossible when dealing with dialogue.

2. Single frame freezing: even with "chapters" turned off in the Arabesk settings, every three or four minutes a frame freezes briefly.

I understand that Germany is working on a fix to a number of issues which, hopefully, include the above.

Will appreciate hearing from others if they are experiencing similar difficulties.

Thanks
alex
Casablanca Unit: Avio Pro 4.1D 500gb hardrive,Prestige with OS 9.1. 4-320gb Maxtor drives, Lacie 500 Hardrive, Akaba,3D PIP,Motion Perfect,Arebesk 4, Effect1-8 Most of the software. Studio Pro with Bogart 11.2, Arabesk 7, all software, GoPro 3 Black, Gopro 7 Black, Sony PD170, Sony 2100, Sony CX900 HD Camcorder Sony FDR-AX53 4K Camcorder, Mavic mini 2 drone.

Re: 4Studio Pro

Post by alex »

Mike I also bought a Studio Pro and to my surprise I was told by several people that could happen using FireWire. I was told that if I would purchase the Grass Valley ADVC-110 would correct the problem I have not bought the ADVC-110. I'm still using my Prestige to edit mini DV tapes and the pro to edit my Go pro and Sony CX900 HD footage. Hopefully Germany is working on it since we have units with FireWire and can't use it .
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
http://www.youtube.com/videosbywilliams
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

DV video is two separate files. One for audio and one for video. Once recorded to a hard drive, they can drift an lose sync. I'm not sure about HDV if it is the same situation or not. Using a Canopus ADVC 100 or ADVC 110 will convert the audio/video to a locked audio file and eliminate the audio drift problem. DVCAM is already locked audio. I use a Canopus ADVC 500 on all audio/video files recorded into Karat and have eliminated all audio sync problems.
Bob F
alex
Casablanca Unit: Avio Pro 4.1D 500gb hardrive,Prestige with OS 9.1. 4-320gb Maxtor drives, Lacie 500 Hardrive, Akaba,3D PIP,Motion Perfect,Arebesk 4, Effect1-8 Most of the software. Studio Pro with Bogart 11.2, Arabesk 7, all software, GoPro 3 Black, Gopro 7 Black, Sony PD170, Sony 2100, Sony CX900 HD Camcorder Sony FDR-AX53 4K Camcorder, Mavic mini 2 drone.

Post by alex »

Thanks Bob I had forgotten that on my smart edit was not a issue but this new system you have to have locked audio.
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

I just purchased the ULTRA. Super fast!!!
alex

Post by alex »

Hi Bod I purchased the Grass Valley ADVC-110 and tried to up load mini DV throw the FireWire but I can't seem to see anyware on studio pro. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

On my Karat, I just go to the input select and choose 'DV". The recorder does not show any video input until I actually start the tape rolling. Then I can activate the record button. No experience with the generation 4 units.
Bob F, GVP
alex

Post by alex »

I think the problem is that I have to buy the power supply for it to work with the 4 Studio Pro, I have been advised the the FireWire 800 plug is not supplying power to the Grass Valley Advc110. I order one should arrive on Tuesday then will try again.
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
halsharp
Casablanca Unit: prestige

Post by halsharp »

I am thinking to buy a studio pro because of its firewire port. I have an s4000pro, 2 prestiges and a Kron, and would like to transfer my sd videos to one unit.
Can i direct transfer my files via firewire cable to the 4studio pro without an ADVC-110? Also, I have over 100 mini dv tapes that I would like to transfer through my camcorders. Frankly, I can live with my existing units but the new stuff sounds interesting.
Thanks.
Hal
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

The DV audio sync issue has been fixed in later versions, the free download is here:
http://www.macrosystem.info/software/Wi ... 82c_EN.zip
Download this to your Bogart Windows PC.
I like to direct it to my desktop, so I can find it easily.

Double click the file to install.
Even if you don't have the license code for BogWin8.2c, it is also the latest version 7.5, and contains the fix.
You may need to enter your license code in the Install Product menu.

This Bogart 8.2c version, and 7.5 version, have passed our Beta Testing, and will be ready to sell to the public next week once the manual is finished.
Also Chet's Classes will be ready then.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Unknown to me, the beta testers had all moved on to file based cameras from this decade, so this fell through the cracks initially. Now we have coverage.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us