Import Photos in B4W

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Import Photos in B4W

Post by MikeMattke »

I have tried and tried but cannot import photos into B4W. I am in the Import menu and browse and select a photo but it won't bring it in.
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Re: Import Photos in B4W

Post by bethklinger »

Mike, first be sure they're are jpg files (clients send me all sorts of files and I make sure mine are always jpg 300 ppi). Are you trying to import from a thumbdrive or cd? I would definitely put them into a "projcet folder" on the PC first and select them from there. Once you see them open in the import window, just click on "start import" they should go right into your Bogart project.

If this doesn't work, I would shut down and restart the PC then try again. Remember it's still a computer! ;)
Beth Klinger
LenVine
Casablanca Unit: Renommee Plus

Post by LenVine »

When I want to import JPEGs into my B4W, I click Record, and go the the folder where the JPEGs are saved, open the folder, and click on the JPEG I want, and it renders directly into the scene bin.
IanPearson
Casablanca Unit: Studio Pro OS B4W V9
S6000 OS Bogart SE V9
Solitaire OS V9.1

Programs:- Most of the standard operating programs.

Post by IanPearson »

Just to add to Len's post, try the following.

Firstly if like me your B4W Cassie is only used as an editor, you can transfer your photos to a USB key and insert into the Cassie. It will import several photo formats, e.g. jpg and png.

From the editing screen click the “Import” key, second key in from the left of the bottom right keys, it’s an arrow pointing at 6 squares. This is using B4W OS V8.1

From the import screen that opens, click the top right bar “Choose File(s)” and from the Windows Explorer window that opens, click the folder where the photo is placed, in my case the USB folder.

Then from the right hand window, highlight all the files / photos you require to download to the Cassie and click the “Open” button, which will return you back to the Import screen, with the first photo shown in the window.

Click the “Start Import” bar and all the highlighted photos will be placed in the Scene bin as 6sec clips.

Ian
Ian Pearson S6000 Bogart SE7 - Solitaire OS V9.1 - Avio DV Pro OS V9.1
Programs:- Most programs, with the notable exception of CB Paint and Quadcam
Kingston upon Hull. England