Bogart 8 Gold for Windows w/Arabesk 6 (free trial)

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Bogart 8 Gold for Windows w/Arabesk 6 (free trial)

Post by garymcnally »

Our Beta Team tested this version, and we sent it back for some very minor fixes.
It certainly works good enough to see how slick the program is, and whether you want to purchase it.
The DVD's and files you export will have the Bogart Logo superimposed on the screen, and your storyboard is limited to 15 to 20 minutes or so.
You can run this trial version indefinitely, and on machines that already have Bogart 6 or 7, or no Bogart.
The programs and media remain separate, and do not interfere with each other.

Since this is not a release version, we ask that any negative comments be made here, and nowhere else.
That way we can make fixes before release to the public.
We think you will be impressed however, and feel free to talk publicly about the good things.

THIS DOWNLOAD IS FOR WINDOWS 7, 8, 10, and VISTA ONLY!

Click the link below to download this file to the PC you want to run it on.
Once downloaded, double left click the file and follow the prompts to install:
http://www.macrosystem.info/software/Wi ... emo_EN.msi

If you have any questions or comments, please make them here.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
poppacat143
Casablanca Unit: S-4000

Re: Bogart 8 Gold for Windows w/Arabesk 6 (free unlimited tr

Post by poppacat143 »

I'm having trouble running this demo. My understanding was that it would be fully functioning, but would overlay all output with the "DEMO" watermark. "Fully functioning" means that everything works, I assume. I have loaded the demo onto two different computers, both running Windows 7, to see how they will handle Bogart. Both loads seemed to go well, and the program starts up as I expected. I'm trying two long clips, each about 90 minutes duration. (This is a single event shot on two cameras.) My goals are to trim the two clips to a common starting point, trim the insert clip to about the 1st five minutes and insert that into the similarly trimmed but slightly longer main clip to insure lip sync, then un-trim the insert clip and split it the pieces I want to actually insert. (I actually keep all the pieces, inserting everything to maintain timing, then pull out the discards. I've done this on my S4000 for years.)
The five minute insert worked just right. I removed both clips from the storyboard and attempted to insert the full main clip. I got the warning box message "You must authorize a gold, silver, or bronze edition of Bogart for unlimited storyboards."
Under Systems, I see this is a gold edition of Bogart that shows as activated. Did I misunderstand the capabilities and limitations of this demo, or have I missed something in the setup?
Thanks for any input.
David Holt
>^..^<
garymcnally
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca 4 Studio Pro, Studio, Touch, Travel 2, Sapphire, Ultra, TV Studio 2, Portable TV Studio, and Titanium TV Studio. Bogart 10 Windows Desktops - Laptop -Tablet - Karat - S-6000 - S4100- Dell XPS 8930 with Intel i7-9700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 GPU, and 16Mb RAM. JVC GY-HD100U - JVC BR-HD50U - CANON HV20 - SONY AX33 4K

Post by garymcnally »

That was my understanding, but apparently there must be a clip time limit. Sorry this is brand new demo software without documentation. The users have been very vocal wanting more than the limited Bronze demo version of the past; they have waited too long, so we were anxious to put it out there without full discovery. My apologies for any time you have wasted, but rest assured there is no limitation on the full version.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
poppacat143

Post by poppacat143 »

"There is no limitation on the full version."

Nancy Pelosi said, "We'll have to pass it so we can see what's in it."

The whole purpose of a full featured demo is to see what's in it, how
it works, and what limitations I might face while using it.
It's not an inexpensive program. By offering it fully featured,
with the output quite properly watermarked (I have NO objection to that)
we can try all the functions to see if the program will operate satisfactorily
on our various hardware. We need to know we're not buying a "pig in a poke."

I long for this software to be the answer to my dreams. Since my S4000 died,
I've been struggling with another brand of edit software by one of the majors.
Compared to Bogart, it's positively bush league. A job I could have done in
about an hour on my S4000 has literally taken me days to figure out, and, in
the end, discover that it can't be done.
However, not being able to determine the compatibility of B4W 8 with my laptop
means it'll not be on my buy list. That saddens me greatly.
bethklinger
Casablanca Unit: Bogart 4 Windows only! B4W in Casablanca Studio Ultra i7 6700K Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 (31.101.2111), NVIDIA GForce GTX1060 (30.0.15.1694) 6GB, Photopia Creator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop CS6, 2 Lumix G85 DSLR, 1 Lumix G9 DSLR, 2 Vizio 1920x1080 P 42" 4K monitor. LG Ultra HD BR Player UBK 80, LG HD BR Player & Power DVD 21.

Post by bethklinger »

It's really difficult not to respond to a post like this. I'm not being fresh and I really don't want to start a fight, but It saddens me when "experienced" Bogart users "trash" something that's not even been released yet. I don't understand what is not understood when something is put forth as a demo version? The simple fact that you used it with the shorter clips proves that it is compatible with your laptop. :roll:
Beth Klinger
poppacat143

Post by poppacat143 »

Beth,
I am an experienced user. I've been on Cassies since the first Avio. My concern is not for the worthiness, effectiveness or value of B4W as a program, but how it will perform on my hardware. I was envisioning a full-featured demonstration of what B4W would do on my computer: Will it handle 90 minute segments and maintain lipsync with multiple inserts? How accurately does it split a long scene into parts - are there any dropped frames? What are the export options? I wanted to drive it around the block, look under the hood, check the trunk for storage space, see if a jack is included, etc. The question is not "Does Bogart for Windows work?" but "Does it work for me?" A fully function program with appropriate output restrictions could tell me that. A strictly date-limited program could also tell me that. The billing of this demo as "fully functional" is, imho, misleading. It has never been my purpose to cause a row or pull anyone's BVDs into a wad; it has been to express my sadness that it seems that I can't get back into the Bogart world. The program is simply too expensive for me to gamble on since I'm now retired and this is an enjoyable pastime, not a revenue stream. I'm only now discovering, as I explore other editing program options, just how wonderful the Casablanca experience is.

David Holt
>^..^<
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Well put, David. I can remembered a time when there was a lot more clear communication between MacroSystem AG and MacroSystem US. :(
Craig Newman
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

Fond memories improve with time Craig, but I'm sure you are remembering the pre-recession days, when manufacturers had more employees to do more communication. But certainly we would like more communication too. We have been promised an English Bogart Windows manual for over a year, and we hear one is coming soon. Nothing would please us more.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
garymcnally

Post by garymcnally »

David,
The manufacturer did not tell us about the limitation. Our Beta Team, led by Justin Philpott is looking into your long clip issue, as this is the first we have heard of it. It possibly could be a file size limitation too. Or a format which is not supported.

Each modern camera has multiple formats, and choosing the right one is sometimes necessary (I remember when there was only 1 standard format across all manufacturers). Now there are no standards, and camera mfg's go out of their way to tweak standard formats, so they lock you into their gear. So would you please tell us the camera make, model, and format you were using? Also the file sizes of the clips. I suppose you could be using tape too?

We have been selling Bogart for Windows for over 16 months, and this is the first we have heard of this issue. But the demo version is different than the paid version, so it is possible the 100 or so that have tried the demo version have not used the same clips as you. We look forward to hearing all the details from you.

By the way, you can pay more for other edit programs, as you have found out. But none are as easy to learn and use as the Casablanca. Because of our competitors' learning curve, and the extra edit time with common tasks buried deep in sub-menus, it takes 2 to 4 times as long to edit. In a time is money world, this is why we are such a hit with the wedding and event videographers.
THANKS!
Gary McNally
gary@macrosystem.us
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your reply.
Fond memories improve with time Craig
..... Yes, they certainly do; someday we'll have to swap fishing stories.... :lol: :lol:

Actually, I was specifically referring to the days when Jorg himself would offer up an insight or explanation on what was happening with new developments.
Craig Newman