Vertigo Titler for Bogart 9 says it needs more space

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
GrantW
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Pro Studio 4

Vertigo Titler for Bogart 9 says it needs more space

Post by GrantW »

A Casablanca customer came to me with a question that I am having trouble finding the answer too on my available resources. He is using the Vertigo Titler in Bogart 9 to put text on a 63 minute video clip. When he tries to input text he gets an error message that there is not enough space in the UI, with suggestions to change the resolution. He says his hard drive is only 6% full and the application is in fullscreen mode.

Is anyone familiar with this error message and know of a way to resolve it? Thank you.
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Re: Vertigo Titler for Bogart 9 says it needs more space

Post by MichaelD »

I haven't seen this message but think it's about screen space and not hard drive space.

I would go into System Settings Screen and use the next resolution up so that the items on the screen (buttons menu's) look a bit smaller and therefore should give them more space for Vertigo to work ?
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Post by LouBruno »

Michael is 100% correct. Observed this many many times as I test with different interface settings.

.change the GUI resolution either via Bogart

OR

.right click the desktop......make adjustments via the menu.... Monitor display.

Usually if it is too low,; the GUI will advise if a resolution change. Conversely, if resolution is too high, Icons etc. are too small, especially if a 4K monitor.
GrantW
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Pro Studio 4

Post by GrantW »

I just want to check, an S6000 unit has the ability to close the Bogart app and go to a desktop correct? My customer is an older gentlemen who seems to know almost nothing about computers, and I want to be certain I'm giving him the correct information. He isn't even clear on what I mean by "close the application and go to the desktop".
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

He isn't even clear on what I mean by "close the application and go to the desktop".
Ok, so this is in the B4W section and therefore he/you could close the APP and go to the desktop.

However an S6000 is Bogart and not B4W but the problem is still the same just a different fix.

Settings, System, Screen and then choose another resolution there - preferably higher than the one he is using.