BOGART Titler

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
etfilms
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Travel Pro Version 10.0c
Desktop Windows Bogart SE Version8

BOGART Titler

Post by etfilms »

My Travel Pro (Version 10) displays a DEMO mode every time I add a title, even when using the default activated Titlers 1-4.
This is a sudden occurence and has not been a problem in the past.
The dealer has not been able to provide solutions other then recommending upgrading to the new version (Bogart 11).
Curious to know what's triggering it.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Re: BOGART Titler

Post by BobFoster »

In the far distant past if you had selected an non-registered font in title window it would ALWAYS display “demo” even though that was not the font you were trying to use in your editing Program. Be sure no unlicensed fonts are selected anywhere.
BobF, GVP
etfilms

Post by etfilms »

Thanks for your reply, Bob. As mentioned, the program was working fine until the sudden problem just showed up. I am only using the Registered Fonts that were originally installed (Showing as Active and not labeled with a Red Dot). Unfortunately I am unable to re-enter the codes provided since they are already installed. If I knew how to uninstall /re-install and re-enter the codes, it may help, but I do not have an idea how to do it. Consultation with the Dealer was unsuccessful and made it sound futile, short of spending the added expense of an upgrade (Bogart 11). Wish there was an active Tech Support like in the past and there was a warranty on these systems less than a year old.
etfilms

Post by etfilms »

Incidentally, I was also careful on not using unregistered title transitions, thinking initially that could’ve been contributing to the problem.
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

Here is a post about demo showing up submitted by Chet Davis, the casablanca Expert. It may or not be helpful.

Titling: Why do I have 'DEMO' in all my title screens?
Print
Previous | Next

If you are creating titles on your Casablanca and see the word 'Demo' appear, after you have rendered (created) the title effect, and you have made certain you are not using unlicensed fonts in your onscreen title -- then you likely have an unlicensed character in your default title.

First - what I mean by unlicensed is a font you have not activated/purchased. It is possible to install a Font - like Font pack 4 or Font Pack Pro 2 - and view the fonts in your title menu (the font name would have a red dot next to it in the Font list). If you use one of these unlicensed fonts in a title, the word 'Demo' will appear because you are using software that is not yet licensed/activated. You have two choices, purchase and activate that font package (software product) or delete/hide the software product. These operations are done in the System Settings screen.

Now, back to our Default Title -- this is the title that came with your Casablanca. If/when you click 'Enter/Edit Text' before adding the title effect to the storyboard you are then modifying/editing your Default Title. And --- if you had a font in demo mode that you were experimenting with/testing out and if even one character remains in this demo font --- yes, even a space (space bar = character, it's just that we do not see it) this will cause every title you create to have the Demo on it.

To clear this situation
1. Enter the Title Menu
2. Click on 'Enter/edit' text _before_ adding that title effect to the storyboard.
3. Click on 'Pages' click delete and make sure it only says 'Page 1/1'
4. Right click - back to main title menu
5. Click on 'Boxes
6. Click on 'Delete' until all visible title boxes are erased and display reads 'Box 1/1'
Now you are starting with an empty title page (a clean slate as it were).
etfilms

Post by etfilms »

I will retry that process step by step again.
Thanks for your valuable input, Bob!
Eric