Original sound going out of sink longer than 30 minutes

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
alex
Casablanca Unit: Avio Pro 4.1D 500gb hardrive,Prestige with OS 9.1. 4-320gb Maxtor drives, Lacie 500 Hardrive, Akaba,3D PIP,Motion Perfect,Arebesk 4, Effect1-8 Most of the software. Studio Pro with Bogart 11.2, Arabesk 7, all software, GoPro 3 Black, Gopro 7 Black, Sony PD170, Sony 2100, Sony CX900 HD Camcorder Sony FDR-AX53 4K Camcorder, Mavic mini 2 drone.

Re: Original sound going out of sink longer than 30 minutes

Post by alex »

Well I tried loading the video in the hard drive of the computer when I played it back the sound was in sync with the video but when I imported it into Bogart 10 again and went out of sync and I notice it more towards the end of the video it seems to move forward about 10 to 15 frames,I just can’t seem to figure out the problem so I’m gonna try Bogart 11 to see if that fixes the problem.
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
http://www.youtube.com/videosbywilliams
BobFoster
Casablanca Unit: Foster, Georgia video Productions, Inc
Bishop, GA Karat X2, Bogart 5.6
Most all software, 2X Sony HVR-NX3 Sony HVR-A1U, Sony PD-170/150, Sony HVR Z5U, 3 - Canopus ADVC500 converter, 2 x HXR-NX3 Sony Cameras

Post by BobFoster »

For what it’s worth, video can have locked or unlocked audio. There are converters that give you an option of locking the audio to the video. The Canopus series of converters is just one of them. Typically DV tape was unlocked unless it was recorded with a Sony deck. If the video has locked audio it usually stays locked to the video data. Unlocked audio is free to roam around as much as it wants. This info might be usefull in your application. :idea:
alex
Casablanca Unit: Avio Pro 4.1D 500gb hardrive,Prestige with OS 9.1. 4-320gb Maxtor drives, Lacie 500 Hardrive, Akaba,3D PIP,Motion Perfect,Arebesk 4, Effect1-8 Most of the software. Studio Pro with Bogart 11.2, Arabesk 7, all software, GoPro 3 Black, Gopro 7 Black, Sony PD170, Sony 2100, Sony CX900 HD Camcorder Sony FDR-AX53 4K Camcorder, Mavic mini 2 drone.

Post by alex »

I tried loading up the smart card to the hard drive of the studio pro and then loaded into Bogart 10 and I still was out of sync with the audio but when I look at it on the windows hard drive it’s fine there is no issue with the sink, it seems like it’s every time I imported into Bogart 10 so I’m gonna try buying Robert 11 hopefully that will resolve the issue.
Alex Williams
Videos by Williams
Boynton Beach, Florida
alejanbr@bellsouth.net
http://www.youtube.com/videosbywilliams
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

I have a 24 minute video to edit and make into a dvd. The audio goes out of sync by the end of the video. I have gone back to my 6000 to do this short project. This studio pro has been a waste of money. I have the latest software (more money wasted) and still have problems after two years. Hope my 6000 keeps on going.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

What type of media are you trying to load the source video from, tape or card?
Craig Newman
methuenbill
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca Studio Pro (unable to use with latest software) The old reliable S6000 still working and using till Studio Pro works. Avio DVD, IMac, Panasonic AG-AC30, 3 Panasonic AG-UG90 last Bogart software and Arabesk release

Post by methuenbill »

Thank You! Craig Newman for your interest in solving this problem. After a few discussions over the phone we noticed that I shoot in 1080P and he shot in 1080I. I tried shooting a few 15 min clips in 1080I the audio synced up correctly. I have just run a longer test 50min and the audio synced up correctly. Thanks again Craig
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

I'm on a Travel 2 running Bogart 11.2 and I am having the same problem. Imported a 65 min clip shot at 1080 60P. This was a play/musical. I put a shot gun mic (on camera) on the left channel and used the cameras mic for the right channel. I also recorded sound directly off the sound board into my H4N pro audio recorder. I synched the left channel with the H4N audio and put the mix on both the right and left. I made a scene out of that and then went through and split the clip up into scenes, eliminating the pauses between scenes when the lights were out. I noticed near the end in one of my last scenes that the audio was completely out of synch with the video. By around 1 second. I went back through it all and saw that the audio was starting to lose synch around 9 min into the clip and got progressively worse as the program continued. Interestingly, the H4N audio and the shotgun mic (recorded into the camera) never lost synch. They stayed tight the whole time but both got out of synch with the video. So to me this is an issue of the video becoming out of synch with the audio, not the other way around. I only had 14 scenes to deal with. So it was simple enough for me to pull out the audio separately and re synch it manually but I agree that this should not be happening. This only my second time working with 60P with a long program/clip. The first time I had a different issue with Quad Cam and now that is gone so I can't confirm that it has happened more than once.

I have a feeling that if I had recorded in 30P this would not have been an issue. I'm going to try that next time at my next shoot at the same school in 2 days. I will post results.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

The current versions are:
  • Bogart 11.4 / 10.7 / 9.13/ 8.18 / 7.21 / 6.23
The phenomenal should be fixed with the next Bogart Update:
  • Bogart 11.5 / 10.8 / 9.14/ 8.19 / 7.22 / 6.24 :P
A workaround (until the update is available for free) :
  • Import the scene normally with out of sync audio and use Edit/Special/Scene->Sample to extract the audio
  • Import the same scene again BUT within the Import menu, activate "show Expert menu" and set adjust frame rate" to OFF (no sound)
  • Add the silent scene to the storyboard + add the extracted audio on track 2
  • Create a "Scene" and use that, with audio in sync :P
Analog->USB and DV recordings are still being analyzed. :oops: