S4000 Casablanca

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
danielcole71
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Kron

S4000 Casablanca

Post by danielcole71 »

I want to make a extra hard drive copy for my S4000,like all the rest of the casablancas, but without the smart edit card I don’t know how. I do not want a external hard drive. Can anyone help me? Thanks!!
LouBruno
Casablanca Unit: STUDIO ULTRA ,SAPHIR, MS TRAVEL ..with ALL SOFTWARE, Cassie Travel Laptop PRO- Bogart Windows, MSI APACHE laptop with BOGART and all Current BOGART & Arabesk. Saphir 2.
GLIDECAM HD-2000, I-Pad latest, Sony HX-99..4K still camera

SONY FDR-53 4K,
, SONY FDR AX-700 HDR 4K video camera, GoPro HD2&3, SONY HDR-CX150 small HD pocket camera, SONY AX-53. Panasonic HC-20

Two Samsung BD D5700 Blu-ray players. OPPO 4K player.
JVC DT-V20L1 HDV monitor, All Music2Hues and Digital Hotcakes, Nikon D-80 still camera, NIKON D7100 HDSLR 18-300mm lens, D500 Nikon, 10 professional bicycles, two camels and a donkey :-) ........ Gocycle@gmail.com

Re: S4000 Casablanca

Post by LouBruno »

Could you clarify what is needed? Are you trying to CLONE the main drive?
danielcole71

Post by danielcole71 »

If you remember all of the Casablanca macrosystem editors,all you had to do was put a new hard drive in the machine or some had a sled to bolt the new hard drive to and put in the smart media card in and turn it on and follow the steps and in about a minute a new hard drive was ready. But the S4000 does not have a smart media card. So l am not sure how to put a new hard drive in this S4000. I have severe hard drives for other machines. Any ideas how to!! Thanks!!
MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »

The S4000 doesn't have a caddy system like some of the previous models (Prestige/Solitaire) so if you want to change the drive you will have to remove the old one. You can't use a drive bigger than 2Tb so don't be tempted to get the larger ones.

If you put your Bogart Software CD into the machine before you turn it off to take out the old drive and fit the new then when you've finished and turn it back on again it will boot from that CD and allow you to install the software - just like from a Smart Media card in the old days. You will need all your activation codes too. These can be exported to a USB stick prior to taking out the old drive or if you don't have many just type them in when prompted.

A better alternative would be Store 'n' Share plus an external powered USB hard drive in my opinion. Then you can use either drive possibly doubling your capacity too ?
danielcole71

Post by danielcole71 »

Thank you very much!!