Quad Cam 2 problems

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Quad Cam 2 problems

Post by Christopher6206 »

I am trying to edit my first video on my new Travel 2 running Bogart 11.2. I've checked to see if there is a new version of Bogart. The machine tells me version 11.3 is available, Do I want to download it? I say yes and the download starts. The progress bar gets to the end and says "Failed to download update". SO there is that. But on to Quad cam 2.

The event was shot with 2 cameras. This my first time using Quad Cam 2 but I was very familiar with the first Quad Cam. The 2 cameras were shooting at 1080 60P. So I am only using 2 windows and I am in single monitor mode. Bogart is running with the NVIDIA processor. SO I've got my clips both at the exact same length 1:45:27:58 synched and ready. I start the edit. Mostly I will be staying on camera 1 as camera 2 is a power point presentation. Within the first 30 seconds Quad Cam switches to the other camera for a few seconds and then back, on it's own. I haven't touched anything. If I let it go it'll switch again on it's own for a few seconds and back again. I press stop and then finish, I've chosen "add to storyboard" and I've chosen "Clear storyboard" Either way Bogart then crashes. It has happened four times in a row. The images in the Quad Cam window are not smooth. They stutter and skip. DOn't really care about that too much as long as the final product looks good. But clearly the machine is having trouble keeping up with the program. All things I can think of that would be causing this are not the issue. Too many cameras? Dual monitor mode? Editing in 4K? Re start computer? Too many other programs running in the background? (Bogart in this case is the only active program running) What can I try to get this to work? I thought about re installing Quad Cam 2 but I don't know how to do that now that "delete" is no longer an option in the install product window. I feel like this computer is not powerful enough to run the program. What can I do to get more power to Quad Cam? Lastly, when I do a hardware test it tells me my system would benefit by using the WinPro Pack software. I've checked and Windows Pro Pack is activated. This project is on an External hardrive plugged in via USB 3.0.Thanks.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Quad Cam 2 problems

Post by mhuebmer »

• Please check if QuadCam is the latest v1.2 version.
  • Bogart / Settings / User interface / Size of user interface elements should be "normal"
  • If the internet connection had a problem when online updating, feel free to use manual update.
Never heard about self skipping camera views. But Bogart will play all previously set changes. You may use QuadCam 2 / Project / Trashcan to clear test cuts.

Did that help :?:
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

"Please check if QuadCam is the latest v1.2 version."
Yes it's the latest version
"Bogart / Settings / User interface / Size of user interface elements should be "normal""
Interface elements are set to normal

At the suggestion of a colleague I decided to split the 1hr 48 min clip into 5 sections thinking this might help. The first one was 23 min long. I edited the video all seemed ok, When I click finish, then "add to storyboard" it said "this will create a video with 43 inserts into the storyboard" or something like that. I clicked ok and then quit, it put only the background clip in with no inserts. As if I hadn't even run Quad Cam 2 and just inserted my background clip into the story board. Also while splitting my original long clip into 5 shorter clips, I noticed the further down the timeline I went the more out of synch the audio became with the video.

I decided to delete the enitre project and start over by making the project a 1080 30P project instead of 60P. After import and conversion, I again created my background clip synching audio etc. I started up Quad Cam 2 again. When I added my clips into Quad Cam it still had all my edits there from previously. I don't get that. I realize now that this can be saved as a Quad Cam 2 project and I guess it was drawing off of that. But unless my starting point was at the exact frame as before I don't understand why this would happen. Anyway without doing anything else I just clicked finish and "add to storyboard. Same thing, "A clip with 43 inserts has been added to the storyboard" I go to storyboard and there is my background clip again with no inserts. Then I go back into Quad Cam 2 and delete all my inserts so I'm basically starting over with a blank project in Quad Cam 2. I run the edit for 1 min switching back and forth a few times and then stop and finish. The message "this will create a clip with 5 inserts in the storyboard" I click OK and then Quit, and Bogart crashes. I try the whole thing 2 more times and it crashes both times again.

So then I delete Quad Cam 2 and reinstall it. I try the edits again for about 1 minute, add to Storyboard, and Bogart crashes.

It is just not working. 60P, 30P, 1 min clip, 23 minclip, 108 min clip, the result is the same. What am I missing?

Now trying to back up the whole project and import it into my Karat so I can use the original Quad Cam. I just hope it will take it since it is running Bogart 10.3 and the project is created in Bogart 11.2.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

Did you manage to do the update to the current Bogart 11.3 :?: (within the next week MacroMotion will jump to 11.4)

I must have missed the "Bogart is running with the NVIDIA processor.". By default, Bogart Windows should use the INTEL HD graphic. You can choose the GPU by clicking Bogart with the right mouse button. Intel should work better.

If you see the cuts from the previous project, you did not use the QuadCam 2 / Project / Trashcan. :? Please do so to clear and faulty QuadCam project before starting a fresh project :!: