Powerkey on Laptop

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Powerkey on Laptop

Post by MikeMattke »

I have a laptop with B4W installed. I want to use Powerkey but as far as I can tell
it doesn't work I only have a key with the Windows symbol. Just 2 Alt keys, 2 Ctrl keys and the Fn key.
Is there any sequence I can use that correspond with the keys on an actual PowerKey keyboard?
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Powerkey on Laptop

Post by CKNewman »

Hi Mike, I've got Power Key on my Kron Plus and a couple of windows machines with Bogart and it works fine on all three.
Starting from the space bar, the first key to the right is the alt key.

Next is the windows key which works as the Storyboard Key with Power Key.

The next key to the right is the menu key which translates to the Screen Key - holding down that key and pressing a letter will take you to the various screens. Thus holding down the Screen Key (menu key on your laptop) and tapping h will bring you to the Home Screen, holding down the Screen Key and tapping e will bring you to the Edit Screen.

I found this sentence when I looked up the function of the Menu Key on a windows computer. "Some smaller keyboards—for example, laptop keyboards—omit the menu key to save space." If this is the case you may be able to plug another keyboard into your laptop.

Let us know how you make out.
Craig Newman