Problem with still frame only on storyboard, cannot view moving video.

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
GeorgeDuncan
Casablanca Unit: S.3000/Blu-ray. Most good software. Sony EX-1, Sony NEX-VG10E,
GoPro 2 DJI Mini 2 drone.

Problem with still frame only on storyboard, cannot view moving video.

Post by GeorgeDuncan »

Hi all,

I am hoping some clever expert can help with my current problem.

I have B4W V. 7.63c on my PC and only recently it has refused to play video within the storyboard or indeed the clip board, but only a still of the first frame.
Oddly, the sound runs normally for the duration of the clip!

Mike Dyson has been a tremendous help in suggesting all manner of things, unfortunately, none of which have so far proved effective.

I have an i5 processor and an Intel video card with an up to date driver.

Current thinking is a recent Windows update may have upset the apple cart, but has anybody out there any other ideas?

I am ready to try almost anything!

Bets wishes to the community,

George Duncan.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Re: Problem with still frame only on storyboard, cannot view moving video.

Post by CKNewman »

Does this happen with every clip in the scene bin or only one problem clip :?:
Craig Newman
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

GeorgeDuncan wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 amI have B4W V. 7.63c on my PC and only recently it has refused to play video within the storyboard or indeed the clip board, but only a still of the first frame.
:?: There is no v7.63... The latest update for the outdated v7 from 2014 is the version 7.23("c" for MacroMotion Club members).
GeorgeDuncan wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 amI have an i5 processor and an Intel video card with an up to date driver.
As I learned the last days, the Intel driver update software does not always show the correct driver - or specific manufacturers alter the original Intel drivers, so up-to-date drivers can't be used. Please tell us the exact processor number (i5-xxxx) and exact driver version. Only then it is possible to see if there are any newer available :!:

BUT: Only the latest BogartSE software is adopted to work with the latest drivers. So maybe your 7 year old BogartSE 7 needs to stay on old drivers from 2020, or you update to BogartSE 12 (with a 20% discount until September 13th 2021).Image
GeorgeDuncan

Post by GeorgeDuncan »

CKNewman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:38 am Does this happen with every clip in the scene bin or only one problem clip :?:
Hi CK,

Every clip I'm afraid and in the storyboard it plays a still from the one BEFORE the highlighted one!

George
GeorgeDuncan

Post by GeorgeDuncan »

mhuebmer wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:08 am
GeorgeDuncan wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 amI have B4W V. 7.63c on my PC and only recently it has refused to play video within the storyboard or indeed the clip board, but only a still of the first frame.
:?: There is no v7.63... The latest update for the outdated v7 from 2014 is the version 7.23("c" for MacroMotion Club members).

Mea culpa, I meant it has the V.23c update of course.
GeorgeDuncan wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 amI have an i5 processor and an Intel video card with an up to date driver.
As I learned the last days, the Intel driver update software does not always show the correct driver - or specific manufacturers alter the original Intel drivers, so up-to-date drivers can't be used. Please tell us the exact processor number (i5-xxxx) and exact driver version. Only then it is possible to see if there are any newer available :!:

BUT: Only the latest BogartSE software is adopted to work with the latest drivers. So maybe your 7 year old BogartSE 7 needs to stay on old drivers from 2020, or you update to BogartSE 12 (with a 20% discount until September 13th 2021).Image
Having said all that, it was working satisfactorily until a few weeks ago, so the suspect has to be the latest Windows update, I put it on the forum to see whether anybody else had had a similar problem.
GeorgeDuncan

Post by GeorgeDuncan »

CKNewman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:38 am Does this happen with every clip in the scene bin or only one problem clip :?:
Every clip I'm afraid.
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

George, if you are considering upgrading to Bogart SE 12, this passage from the Macrosystem website http://www.macrosystem.us/ may interest you. I would check with your dealer though because I've seen other wording that seems to say that installing Bogart 12 will not activate earlier versions of Bogart. Perhaps someone could shed some light on this :?:
Bogart Windows 12 also includes all the latest free earlier versions 11.7 /10.10 / 9.16 / 8.21 / 7.24 / and 6.26. You can switch versions in the Install Product Menu should the newest version cause a learning curve issue. It takes less than a minute and your work is as you left it. If deadlines are looming, and you need to get the work done, just go back to the last version you knew.
The Dalco website http://www.dalco.co.uk/index.html is also a good source of information. Please let us know how you solve the problem.
Craig Newman
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

CKNewman wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:17 pm installing Bogart 12 will not activate earlier versions of Bogart.
Installing the BogartSE 12 is only possible if a BogartSE 12 activation code/license has been bought :!: Once BogartSE v12 is active, v11 and back to v6 are also set active. So it is possible to "hide" versions that you are not comfortable with... because you don't like StoryboardPLUS... or the new Audio-Mix menu... or you just don't want to jump from an ancient software like v7 directly to v12. You can go from v7.23c to v7.26 by buying a v12 code, but hiding v11, v10, v9 and v8. You need not learn any new features and keep the well known user interface 1:1, but get the latest security updates and driver adoptions.

But first it is vital to know the exact hardware and driver version, like written above! Feel free to try the BogartSE 12 Gold DEMO version (with active WinPro package) to see if that will help (hiding newer versions is also possible there).
GeorgeDuncan

Post by GeorgeDuncan »

Craig,

The PC has the following specs:

HP Elite Desk 800 G1 TWR PC
Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3,20GHz

Intel (R) HD Graphics 4600
Driver Date: 21.01.2021
Version: 20.19.15.5126

Does that help?

George
CKNewman

Post by CKNewman »

Michael, thank you for the clarification on using previous versions of Bogart. :idea:
Craig Newman