Save split screen edit points

For all questions & tips related to Bogart Windows
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Save split screen edit points

Post by Christopher6206 »

Is there a way to apply the split scene edit points to another scene that is equal in length? I thought I read about that being possible awhile back, but I don't see that option under the split screen edit window. I want to take a scene, that I have already split, and apply the exact same split edit points on another scene of equal length. Thank you.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Re: Save split screen edit points

Post by mhuebmer »

Setting "Use" and "Drop" to a scene and then take that to a completely other scene - is currently not possible. :?

PS: the thing you may have read is QuadCam 3. There, you can import footage in a SD project and edit the cuts from camera 1-6. Those camera selections, not exactly cuts, can be archived and loaded after importing the same footage in an UHD project. This feature is nice to edit footage of up to 6x UHD cameras on a low-power Notebook in SD and then save/load the camera-perspective changes in an UHD project.

BUT if you can tell my why that would be usable - this might be a feature for the next BogartSE version. As long as the project has the same framerate, I don't see a problem to realize that. :P (taking the split points from a 60p <> 24p scene would not work that easy). I would think of an [Archive ] ->Save / Load / Delete button within the "advanced split" window. Save the Use/Drop list in one scene and load it within any other scene.
Christopher6206
Casablanca Unit: Travel 2 running Win Bogart 12. Karat, running Bogart 10.6, S-4000pro running Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster

Post by Christopher6206 »

The reason I could have used this feature is related to my previous post about a Scene to sample audio taken from a clip created in Blu Box World. If you recall, I was not able to raise the volume on those audio clips so I substituted the original green screen audio over the Blu Box world clips. Then later I needed to split one of those Blu Box world clips into 7 separate clips. Instead of making a scene out of the clip with the new audio in it, I split the Blu Box world clip from the scene bin into the 7 separate clips, but then ran into the audio problem again. It was my fault, had I made a scene from the storyboard, and split that it would have been fine. But you are right. I was mixing up Quad Cam with split. I thought I could just apply the blue box world split clips to the original green screen clip.
Chris Crawford
Travel 2, running Bogart 12, All software
Karat with Bogart 10.3 , Arabesk 7
S-4000 Pro with Bogart 5.5c, Render Booster, most software
Panasonic AG-AC 160, Sony NEX-VG900, Sony NXCAM - NX30U
Cannon XF-705
mhuebmer
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca-4 Saphir (i7-6700k)+ NVidia 1050T
StudioPro + NVidia 1050Ti
Casablanca-4 piccolo
Karat, S-4100, DVC-3000
Displays: 32" 1920x1080p50 + 40" 3840x2160p50

Post by mhuebmer »

Thanks for the additional information. I have now added this to the Bogart 14 wish-list.

Currently there is no quick solution and it might be faster to create a scene from the Storyboard and split that again manually.
But I hope we will get that split [Archive] feature at the end of the year. :P