My quick take on MGT

Learn more about your Casablanca at these events
rsvps
Casablanca Unit: STANDALONE:
S4000 PRO: 1GB RAM, intel T7200 @ 2. GHz, HD 1000.0 GB, DVI> HDMI LCD 31 in Monitor (1280x720, 60p)- Normal setting Small SB and Small Bin

Sony UHD BD player ( UBP- X700)
Sony BD Player (BDP-S185)

B4W: HP OMEN LAPTOP 7700HQ ACTIVE INTEL. NO INTERNAL OPTICAL
External LG BR burner/player, Normal setting, Medium SB and Medium Bin
15.6"- FHD (1920 X 1080) Laptop – Windows 10 Home 64bit
• Intel Core i7 – 7700HQ- with active Intel Integrated Graphics
• 8GB Memory –
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB
• 1TB HDD + 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
• One USB 3.1 Type-C and three USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
• HDMI output
• Mini Display Port
• Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack
• Microphone-in jack.

My quick take on MGT

Post by rsvps »

Just back from MGT 2010

First Jim, great job as always

Second, thanks again to all who helped with my loading, unloading and the shooting. what a great group of folks

Third, although the group was smaller this year the program was outstanding. CAM Audio brought a boat load of toys to look at and buy- kind of like mini NAB and were great sponsors of the event including prizes. Good speakers and tips, Chet presented lots of good info as always as did the other speakers which talked about dealing with changing times and basic good business practices. Even the " let's make a short film" went well.. I will let others add to my comments, but just wanted to share a little of my appreciation for the impact this kind of event has on those who attend. As editors and business people it is easy to get isolated and events like this give us all a chance to connect, share and see the bigger picture as well as alternatives we may never have considered alone.
Roger Schutter
RSVPS and Consulting

-S4000 Pro 1GB RAM

•HP OMEN LAPTOP Intel Core i7 – 7700HQ- GTX 1050TI-with active Intel Integrated Graphics-Sony UHD BD player ( UBP- X700)
http://WWW.RogerSchutter.com
JohnKleban
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with SE 7

Re: My quick take on MGT

Post by JohnKleban »

Nice update Roger; I missed this year but have always enjoyed your seminars. I plan on returning next year.

Anything new regarding Macrosystem in general, new products, software, etc. announced or hinted at?

Thanks.
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
rsvps
S4000 PRO: 1GB RAM, intel T7200 @ 2. GHz, HD 1000.0 GB, DVI> HDMI LCD 31 in Monitor (1280x720, 60p)- Normal setting Small SB and Small Bin

• 8GB Memory –
• HDMI output
• Mini Display Port
• Microphone-in jack.

Post by rsvps »

Your were missed John, but Nothing official (no MS member there at the banquet when that is normally done) but earlier in the week we met the new sales and promotion guy Philip, who did hold a round table with about 10 of us old timers- he walked away with a priority list of software items and concerned ( compatible card loading right in Bogart edit side, reduce redundant loading, more storyboard based picture montage programs.) He is new and young (well by my standards) so we will see what happens. Again the presences of CAM Audio and Seth (the rep) just made a huge impact on the event, I think he made a few converts, great prices and service. I think Joe will have some stuff up on the MGT site soon that will high light that and other aspects of the event.
Roger Schutter
RSVPS and Consulting

-S4000 Pro 1GB RAM

•HP OMEN LAPTOP Intel Core i7 – 7700HQ- GTX 1050TI-with active Intel Integrated Graphics-Sony UHD BD player ( UBP- X700)
CKNewman
Casablanca Unit: Windows computer with Bogart SE 13.3, Arabesk 7, Audio Effects Pack v1.2b, Motion 3D XL-1 Pack 1, Sentry HD-Backup, Disk Juggler, Power Key, Aspector, Chromit, Effects Pack 8, Effect Pack 9, PiP Studio 3, Time-X, Ultimate Spice Box HD, Slivers, PIP Studio 4 ; Older windows computer with Bogart 8.4, Arabesk 7; Kron Plus with SE 8.3, most Generation 2 software except for CB Paint, Columbus, titling add-ons, and graphics symbols. Various TVs and a Kenner Give-A-Show Projector

Post by CKNewman »

I missed not being able to go this year. Every now and then I'd think "right now they're doing this or doing that..." sigh :(

Was Eric Kloor there? Are they going to do some effective marketing or just leave it to us as they've been doing?
Craig Newman
rsvps

• 8GB Memory –
• HDMI output
• Mini Display Port
• Microphone-in jack.

Post by rsvps »

No, Eric was not there, but he did send the tape he promised last year. According to Philip they are looking at changes in promotion including using more, twitter, facebook and other community based venues.
Roger Schutter
RSVPS and Consulting

-S4000 Pro 1GB RAM

MichaelD
Casablanca Unit: Saphir B4W v9, S4000 Pro Bogart v9, Arabesk v7, Render Booster, Canon HF100, Prestige SE v9.1.

Post by MichaelD »