Dallas 2010 Has Started!

Learn more about your Casablanca at these events
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Dallas 2010 Has Started!

Post by ASHampton »

Well it is under way!

Chet is currently going over all of the new features in the Bogart OS 3.2c. Up next....New Camera Tech!

Stay Tuned!!
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
SYLRENAUD
Casablanca Unit: 2/S4100 1/S6000 Bogart SE 5, Arabesk 5
most all of the software on all 3 units.
We shoot everything with HDSLR's.
Four Canon 5d mark II and one 7d.

Re: Dallas 2010 Has Started!

Post by SYLRENAUD »

Awsome... wish I was there !!! keep us posted :)
ASHampton
Casablanca Unit: Loaded Dealer unit

Post by ASHampton »

We had a great Mexican Food Buffet today for lunch...I ate way too much! We talked about the new Canon XF300...shot some cool clips of lunch and Chet loaded them right into Bogart! Super Cool. Right now Chet is teaching us to use the MM to export and then upload the files to YouTube and Vimeo!

Bobbie Evoy is up next! She is going to show us some great PowerKey tips and shortcuts! We can't wait!
Seth Hampton
Casablanca Gold Star Dealer
Tundra Video LLC
www.tundravideo.com
seth@tundravideo.com
Franklinbencosme
Casablanca Unit: B4 WINDOWS main edit system S-6000 as BACKUP and old tapes edit

Post by Franklinbencosme »

:cry: me too I wish to be in Dallas !!
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

We're having a great time and learning a bunch this week at the Dallas Casablanca Conference 2010. I have posted a recap of each of the first two days on my Casablanca Expert Blog here: http://blog.casablancaexpert.com/

I also have some photos in my SmugMug photo gallery and my tweets from the Conference that you can view on
this web page.

Regards,
Chet
MikeMattke
Casablanca Unit: S2000 with all software. I also have a Prestige that I used on my film transfer station. I have B4W loaded on a laptop. I have a S4000 Pro that I am going to trade in for a discount on software for my B4W setup. I even have my first Cassie, the AVIO that I am going to hook up. Not sure what I will use it for but I want to see it run again.

Post by MikeMattke »

The Dallas event was awesome. I just got back from having dinner with Chet, Bobbie Evoy and Lowell Brockway. We helped Seth Hampton pack up after the event ended today. Seth was as great as he was at the MGT and he even had a Canon rep and a Bogen rep here today to talk with us about cameras, tripods, cases, etc. Unfortunately I did not win a big prize [although the odds were good] but it was a great experience. Grand prize of a new S3000 was given out. This unit has not even hit the states yet but when it does one of the Dallas attendees will be getting one shipped to them.

Seth also gave away a duplicator and many software certificates and certificates for credit at CAM Audio. Harvey, the founder of CAM Audio showed up a couple of days to chat with us as did the president, Dean. Bobbie Evoy donated a video processor that was given away and Chet donated 6 hours of his 1-on1 Cassie Expert tutoring. I did win 100 pre-printed DVDs from CAM which I will use for my demo disk. Ken Smithers did a great presentation on ProShow software and arranged for a free copy to be given away as well as a reference book. Dallas attendees also received 20% of coupons for ProShow if we choose to purchase it. As usual Ken was very enthusiastic and I believe if he ever wants to abandon the video business he could be the spokesperson for Red Bull.

The lunches were awesome and I think they were talked about in other posts. Let's just say it was pretty good eatin' the 3 days of the conference. I was able to partake in dinner trips for Texas BBQ and authentic Mexican food. The Radisson was a very nice place to hold an event like this and I hope they have the event again. I would definitely come back for some more southern hospitality but I BETTER WIN SOMETHING BIG NEXT TIME!
Mike Mattke
"Father of the Casablanca Cafe"
Sturgeon Bay, WI
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

I too thoroughly enjoyed the Dallas Casablanca Workshop & Conference 2010 this past week. It was great to hang-out with colleagues... to connect with old friends & make some new ones, to share my knowledge & passion for this craft of video editing, and to enjoy great food all week :)

Thanks to the reps from Canon and Bogen-Manfrotto for their face-time and up-close demos today with the latest tools & technology. Got to play with the newest Canon HD-DSLR cameras and a range of other HD/AVCHD camcorders. The Bogen rep had this awesome shoulder mounted camera brace that has matte box and really yields very creative camera movement.

Thanks to all those who took time in their busy schedule to participate in the Dallas Casablanca Conference. Thanks to MacroSystem US & Eric Kloor personally for participating... and a HUGE thanks to Seth Hampton and CAM Audio for their generous hosting of the events this week.

Looking forward to the possibility of the next Dallas Casablanca Conference!

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com