virtual workshop with Chet

Learn more about your Casablanca at these events
Lowell
Casablanca Unit: 1 casablanca solitaire most software. liberty plus all software one S4000 pro most software. One S4000 pro all software. 6 panasonic and 2 sony 3ccd cams. running Se9 on solitare and bogart 3.2 on both S4000's.

virtual workshop with Chet

Post by Lowell »

Just finished first session of virtual workshop. I have been to the hands on workshops but I think this may be the way to go. Chet goes over things in detail and you can ask questions on line and get the answers now and work at your own machine. I hope he has many more, anyone with a cassie machine should enroll I think it may be the best $179 I will spend this year. Oh maybe the $1000. plus I spend on golf and golf clubs may be a good thing also.... ;) :D
Lowell Brockway email: justperfectvideo@sbcglobal.net 330-922-5606
SYLRENAUD
Casablanca Unit: 2/S4100 1/S6000 Bogart SE 5, Arabesk 5
most all of the software on all 3 units.
We shoot everything with HDSLR's.
Four Canon 5d mark II and one 7d.

Re: virtual workshop with Chet

Post by SYLRENAUD »

I edit almost every single day on my S-4100's & I still learned something yesterday !
I really think its worth every penny & I also think virtual classes is the way to go.
Its more affordable and just much more practical for me anyways. (although I realize nothing replaces human contact ;)

Thank you Chet for putting this together !
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Thanks Lowell and Syl -- I do agree that the Virtual (online) workshop is a taste of things to come. It is a very convenient and efficient way to share teaching & instruction across the miles, without the participants having to take the time or expense for travel.

I also like the idea of breaking up the class into segments, giving the learners time to practice what we're covering and then the opportunity to share that and ask questions the next session.

Based on the initial response and the inquiry from others who were not able to attend these January/February sessions, I will have other virtual classes starting in April 2011. More to come on those classes.

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com
CasablancaExpert
Casablanca Unit: S3000, S4000 PRO, Renommee Plus

Post by CasablancaExpert »

Casablanca Expert Virtual Workshops Session #1 Well Received!

Tuesday wrapped up the fourth session for each of the Virtual (on-line) Casablanca Expert Workshops I have conducted. This was a new experiment for me, to see if an on-line workshop would work for the learner (and the teacher as well). And I must say it was a resounding success!

I set these workshops (two different sessions, one advanced and one intermediate/novice) up for folks who might find it challenging to take the time away from their business or home, and also for folks who are looking for an economical alternative to a hands-on workshop in a city far away from their home (what with airfare, hotels, ground transportation, etc).

The participants say they have really enjoyed the experience... the 3-hour sessions are just the right length to learn a lot without information overload, and that the convenience of learning from their home/office has been awesome. Here are voluntary comments from two participants who shared the following after today's sessions:
"Today was absolutely GREAT in Chet's Advanced Class! I cannot wait to make cool 3D Titles after Chet took us through every box and every dial to turn, the settings to get scenes quickly on the Internet with Media Manager, audio tricks and steps that just make editing easy and fun!

Chet's website is packed with information, but the class puts you in 'GET 'R DONE Mood'! Thanks Chet and be sure get yourself registered for the next virtual class!
'It's your Editor..............Use it!'
--
Bobbie Evoy
Memories On Tape
Davison, Michigan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"
Chet Davis/Casablanca Expert’s Virtual Workshop in short is a Win-Win and excellent value.

In detail, this is the future for Teaching Workshops in my opinion.

Let’s see. You spend 3 hours every 2 weeks for 4 meetings, a total of 12 hours of teaching with you at home, watching Chet’s Casablanca screen on your computer, using your own Casablanca equipment with the ability to download of the entire teaching session and practice on your own. Three hours is about right judging from going through Casablanca University for Novice to Advanced and attending a number of seminars.

The pluses are you do not leave home, miss work, drive to the airport, leave your car, go through the hassles of travel, rent a car and get a hotel room on the other end, undergo 8 hour sessions for several days, each of which leaves you “brain dead” at the end of the day.
Chet is generous with his time and certainly know his subject.
Grade: A+

Fred Vroom
Tallahassee, Florida

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks Bobbie and Fred -- I am so pleased the classes are as enjoyable and beneficial for you as they are fun for me to teach!

Regards,
Chet
Chet Davis
the Casablanca Expert
chet@chetdavis.com
http://www.CasablancaExpert.com