MGT 2011 Announcement!!

Learn more about your Casablanca at these events
Operations
Casablanca Unit: Bogart

MGT 2011 Announcement!!

Post by Operations »

Here's some great news for those going or thinking of attending the annual March Get Together! Macrosystem's very own Justin Philpott will be attending! This is a very rare opportunity to meet him in person. A long time employee, Justin handles many of MacroSystem's behind the scenes work including support, video production, beta testing, and technical projects. He also spent many years coordinating and instructing at MacroSystem's Casablanca University on-site training facility. There's still plenty of time to sign up and attend and meet him! For more info or to register go to http://www.marchgettogether.com .
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Re: MGT 2011 Announcement!!

Post by jimmeeker »

Hello Casablanca Users,

Yes we are indeed happy to announce that Justin Philpott will be at the MGT this year. He has agreed to come and Eric has agreed to allow him out of Boulder for a couple of days. He has so many jobs at MSUS it's hard to let him out of there for too long at a time. The 2011 MGT can be a short vacation for Justin. So be sure to make him welcome and allow his two days with us to be a fun time for him.

Please make plans to attend the 7th Annual March Get Together next month and get a chance to meet Justin in person. Not only that, but we have tons of exciting and valuable programs and demonstrations so you'll learn a great deal about operating your Cassie. There are programs to help you improve your services to your clients and for your fun with editing as a hobbyist as well.

We are opening the MGT up a little this year by adding a lot of programs that will be of interest to all video people no matter what they edit with or what format they prefer. If you are involved with video in any way.....you'll gain a lot of new knowledge and insight at the 7th Annual MGT. Talk it up with your fellow Video friends in your area and invite them to come too. even if they edit with a PC or a Mac.....there are many things for them at the MGT as well.

There will be a "Video Yardsale and Trade Event" so that you can show off and sell or trade your equipment that you aren't using any longer. For the folks who have moved up to HD editing, this is a way to move some of your goodies that you don't need anymore and give a chance to folks who have not made the jump to HD an opportunity to improve their equipment as well.

Another benefit of the "Yardsale" at the MGT is that you can, if you are inclined, mark your items as a donation to the MGT. This will be even more important when the time to decide about continuing the MGT in the future comes. Because of no financial help from either MSUS or Germany this year and last year, donations to the MGT and the number of folks who attend this year, will have a great bearing on the way this decision is made about next year.

So, please come for both reasons. First to meet and greet Justin, and secondly to help support this event that has aways been put on by users for users. It'll be again .....the Family of friends helping each other out.....as the MGT has always been.

Image Here's Justin.
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder
jimmeeker
Casablanca Unit: Avio, Solitaire, with OS 9.1 and S-6000 with Bogart 5 & all software

Re: MGT 2011 Announcement!!

Post by jimmeeker »

Hello everyone,

Since so many of you have never been to the "March Get Together" let me tell you a little about it and give you the tentative schedule of events for this year's MGT. It all started back in 2005 when there were no workshops or training events around the country. There was the Casablanca University held in Boulder Colorado and I attended that year and met both Justin and Birdy who were teaching the classes then.

I had been putting one day events in my home community for four years prior to that and felt that we needed a National Event for all the new users of the the Casablanca Machines. I talked about this idea with the folks there at Boulder and with their skeptical permission, I put on the very first one that year.....March of 2005.

We had a very pleasant surprise because Martyn Dalby and Ian Pearson from the United Kingdom flew over and put on some classes at this first MGT. Them being here, immediately gave the event some real credibility and we had a tremendous success that first year.

We were very lucky to have support from MSUS and Germany for several years and we continued to have great meetings and success followed success.

The world's economy has taken it's toll and we are now on our own financially and must rely entirely on the number of attendees who come to the MGT to make the books balance. The unbelievably good support that we had from our dealer last year is not present this year. This means that all the equipment that we need to put the show on must be supplied by our family of friends or I must rent the equipment and that can add around a thousand to two thousand dollars to the cost of putting it on. So I am as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof....as the saying goes!

With these thoughts in mind, you can see why it's important for us to have lots more folks attend this year. We will have a new dealer this year and the MGT discount on software will be good as well. Check the website for the amount of the software discount.

Here is the list of programs and speakers, so I hope you will sign up to attend the MGT for 2011 we really need you.
Registration forms are on the web site at: wwww.marchgettogether.com

MGT 2011 Schedule of Events

Tom Koziol
A new Program on Film Transfers with sound
Movie film-to-video duplication - part 3.

Ken Smithers
So I Moved out of My House into a Store front...Now What?

Chet Davis
Lunch-N-Learning ~ 3 sessions

Alan Naumann and Melonie Jeska
Family Histories Video Biographies

Roger Schutter
Using DSLRs in Video Production

HB Bruce Logsdon & Jim Marcacci
"Creating Documentaries"

Dale Bishop
The Entertainment Hour

Free Indoor Patio Party

Bobbie Evoy
"Which Way To Go With My Business"

Ron Schmidt
"Grizzlie Remote Live Mixing"

Roger Schutter
Making A Movie - 3 hour Hands On Workshop

Tom Koziol
Making Money With Video and Audio Dubbing & Duplicating

Ken Smithers
"Creating a 35 picture photo montage with music,
transitions and motion in 60 seconds!"

Don Simmons
"Green Screen - For Video and Photos"

Bobbie Evoy
"BLUEBOX and BLUEBOX WORLD"

Justin Philpott from MacroSystem US
"Introducing The New S-3000 Editor"

"The Banquet"
Prize Drawings and good times for all
Jim Meeker and Chet Davis
...and don't forget all the prizes
to be given away, over $3,700 [/size
]
(Note: go to the web site to get full details of MGT 2011)
http://www.marchgettogether.com
Jim Meeker
The Old Timer

Founder of the
"March Get Together"

We Remember
12-7-41 and 9-11-01
Milan, Illinois
S-6000 w/Bogart 5 /Solitaire, Avio DVD / All Software OS 9.1/ Panasonic HMC150p AVCHD Camcorder