wonder where this is going?

Learn more about your Casablanca at these events
rsvps
Casablanca Unit: STANDALONE:
S4000 PRO: 1GB RAM, intel T7200 @ 2. GHz, HD 1000.0 GB, DVI> HDMI LCD 31 in Monitor (1280x720, 60p)- Normal setting Small SB and Small Bin

Sony UHD BD player ( UBP- X700)
Sony BD Player (BDP-S185)

B4W: HP OMEN LAPTOP 7700HQ ACTIVE INTEL. NO INTERNAL OPTICAL
External LG BR burner/player, Normal setting, Medium SB and Medium Bin
15.6"- FHD (1920 X 1080) Laptop – Windows 10 Home 64bit
• Intel Core i7 – 7700HQ- with active Intel Integrated Graphics
• 8GB Memory –
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB
• 1TB HDD + 128GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
• One USB 3.1 Type-C and three USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
• HDMI output
• Mini Display Port
• Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack
• Microphone-in jack.

Re: wonder where this is going?

Post by rsvps »

These kind of events are a necessary part of creating and supporting community
as well as providing training, new ideas on business and production concepts as
well as having some fun. As a side note, we were more than welcome at the hotel, at least by
the comments from many I talked to. We had more lunch/networking time this year
and some good (none cassi speakers) and, as in the past we shot a short film, we used a Canon 7D to
shoot this year's short film, which was shoot in just 3 hours and edited on a
S4000 pro in 24.. you can find it at this link

http://vimeo.com/20995134

Be sure to check out the credits at the end to see all the members involved in
its production, Thanks Jim and all who attended and worked behind the scenes to make this
meeting a great event.
Roger Schutter
RSVPS and Consulting

-S4000 Pro 1GB RAM

•HP OMEN LAPTOP Intel Core i7 – 7700HQ- GTX 1050TI-with active Intel Integrated Graphics-Sony UHD BD player ( UBP- X700)
http://WWW.RogerSchutter.com
TimKennelly
Casablanca Unit: No Casablanca unit currently.

Post by TimKennelly »

I agree Chet.

Frankly, the entire post sounded bitter, not promotional and the derogatory insults and foul language are definitely inappropriate for this BB.

As the greatest promoter for this BB being the "friendliest forum on the net" I know Jim can't be happy with having someone officially associated with his MGT posting such.
My mom always told me that happiness was the key to life.
At school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said “happy" and they told me I didn’t understand the question.
I told them they didn’t understand life.

Tim Kennelly
TimKennelly

Post by TimKennelly »

Thanks for the link Roger, great work with the fundamentals as always from you.

The video quality of the DSLR's is incredible.

I know they have shortcomings (audio, uninterrupted recording length, narrow depth of focus, etc.) that can make them a serious challenge for on the fly field work, but I imagine in the controlled environment of movie making they are a great boon.

Tim Kennelly
JoeConnell
Casablanca Unit: Classic ~ S4000 - S400Pro

Post by JoeConnell »

Not sure if I shuold reply here or off forum...

Regarding "I am compelled to say Joe that I totally disagree with your choice of words in your opening comment above. I think it highly inappropriate and distasteful to make references to one's character or ability, whether that remark is made based on supposition or first-hand knowledge. I believe this is truly the 'low road', especially when someone disagrees with you on an opinion or the salient facts of a situation"

My post has been edited and if you both Chet and Tim read the bottom... you will understand a bit better
next time be there and get the whole picture before you blast Joe Connell on what he posts...
...I remember why I don't post much on a Forum or List Serve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe Connell
ccuvideo@gmail.com
A1 Video Professionals
www.A1VideoProfessionals.com
Connell Creations Unlimited
www.ConnellCreationsUnlimited.com
TimKennelly

Post by TimKennelly »

Not everyone can come every year due to other responsibilities or for economic reasons and I hope Jim doesn't share your "come or be damned" attitude.
Last edited by TimKennelly on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim Kennelly
JohnKleban
Casablanca Unit: Prestige with SE 7

Post by JohnKleban »

Sorry Jim W. if our last 3 1/2 half days together joking about going to school together got Chet upset... maybe if he had been there he would have understood and not blasted me !!!
As a long-time Cassie user and friend too many on these boards, I must admit, I'm a little saddened by these comments. I can't help but think of everything Chet Davis has not only done for this company over all the years, but for all he has done and meant to all of us who attended past March Get Togethers. So Chet had to unfortunately miss this last gathering, I'm sure it was a difficult decision he had to make.
Maybe next year you will remember the March Get Together and choose wisely.
And, what's the purpose of this kind of comment? People who couldn't make it because of other obligations (or financially couldn't afford it) are unwise morons? It just sounds a bit on the negative side to me Joe, perhaps I'm reading it wrong?

John
John Kleban
Special Event Video

SE 7 / Sony FX1 Cameras
videojim
Casablanca Unit: Casablanca S6000, with 4.1G Bogart.

Post by videojim »

As someone has said, the reactions of one particular person come from a lot of different factors, so I stand by my comments. I realize that it is a real trial to make something like this work, and work well. Joe's musical inserts of the Jeopardy theme and other bits added the levity we needed at times.
The hotel did not offer this year what they offered in the room last year, so that was a disappointment, but they did make it up with complimentary breakfast. The wait staff was courteous, yes. We just had promises of a warmer building than what we ended up with. No doubt, it would have been prohibitive for the hotel to heat the open spaces. Conferred with several people who agreed with my characterization of the accommodations. Not just my thoughts, here.
The BIG plus was time with a few friends I wanted to get to know a little better, and that was special. Finally meeting Don Simmons was a treat, and being able to buy some of his goodies was also special. Seeing everybody there, some again, some first time, was special.
The MGT crowd is truly special, and they made it a good event. There were some details I thought could be handled better, but sometimes stage fright can make you talk faster, when you don't really expect to. And some people have trouble understanding very fast speech.
But I think MGT HAS to morph into something more than what it has been, a Casablanca System-based event. It could even cost up to $50 more and still be affordable, provided the additional expense is more than worth it. Dallas had tastier lunches, and for the same money, or less.
MSDE continues to make a good product, at a good cost, and that should increase the size of the user universe over time. The people who expressed their opinions to Jim Wednesday night should have some say in what direction it goes. We have some very knowledgeable people in this group.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
videojim

Post by videojim »

Also, recording the sessions was a lifesaver, as far as I'm concerned. Being able to go back over the session and re-hear more clearly what was said makes that event worth my time. Its ok if they talk fast if what they said is recorded. I'll just listen over and over again until I get it. I came away from Dallas wishing Seth had recorded Bobbie there, she gave so much useful information. Bobbie is a very giving soul, and goes out of her way to help people enjoy video-making as much as she does. You'll be hard pressed to find a more generous soul than she. Bobbie stands as a true pillar of MGT and a big part of what makes it great.
These ears went to to many drag races and rock concerts as a younger person, so they can't understand fast speech so well, but I'll just get the DVD and listen again, and again, and again. Her sessions are gold mines in BB Blue Box. The lady knows her stuff, that's obvious.
Last edited by videojim on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skype ID-talkingrock756
JoeConnell
Casablanca Unit: Classic ~ S4000 - S400Pro

Post by JoeConnell »

Jim,

Glad you enjoyed this years MGT evn though you were one of the few who noticed the Hotel problems.
If you need any additional info or help on the video I gave you to help your church efforts, let me know.
It was also good that Friday morning after all was done we were able to enjoy one last breakfast together.

And never forget we went to school together on the same bus... "What school was that?" :)

ccuvideo@gmail.com
(586) 779-4710
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe Connell
ccuvideo@gmail.com
A1 Video Professionals
www.A1VideoProfessionals.com
Connell Creations Unlimited
www.ConnellCreationsUnlimited.com
videojim

Post by videojim »

No, Joe, what school was that? I always walked to school, or rode a bike. We didn't have bussing when I was in school. Missed it by 2 years, thankfully.
You impress me as one of the wonderfully creative souls in that group. We video people are artists, and being among artists is a BIG treat for me. I don't get that often.
Skype ID-talkingrock756